Nissan X-Trail Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm about to buy a 54 plate x-trail sve and assume its factory-fitted cd/cassette player will not play mp3. Has anyone actually successfully fitted one of these XCarLink devices that convert the existing player for USB/SD-card MP3? - are the (chinese) instructions any good?

I'm completely sold on the concept of no-moving-parts music, as my experience with car cd-players is that pretty much all of them jump tracks or start to play up after a couple of years use. I wasted a lot of money buying a cable adaptor kit to install a Panasonic MP3 player in my old Astra & never did get it working with the bespoke vauxhall steering wheel serial interface, so as they say; "once bitten"......

thanks!
Trev

·
Registered
89 Posts
I generally would not go for the MP3 player to cassette option, as in my experience the sound quality is dissapointing.

Instead look at changing for a CD player, or non-Nissan radio with MP3 connectivity. You could always try a (now legal) FM transmitter?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.