Nissan X-Trail Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Going to France shortly so need to swap from left dip to right. Is there an adjustment in the headlight to do this? Local Nissan dealer says to use beam deflectors, they worked on my other motor but light output does suffer a bit and the beam is far from perfect. Also Xenons run very hot so worried about screwing up the lens.

First car I've had with Xenons, fantastic, looks like the beam is shaped with a razor blade. Cherokee lights were rubbish even with fancy bulbs. Beam seems high, supposed to be self levelling, no one's flashing me so must be OK.

Anyone got an answer please.

G

·
I have used deflectors without any lens problems, although the adhesive can be a nuisance to clean off afterwards; sticky stuff remover, or similar, works ok. I'll use them again this summer in France but there again, I've very very rarely needed to use headlights as I don't go out at night although I accept that lights are a requirement during bad weather. I asked my dealer in 2006 about adjusting the bulbs but he too said it wasn't possible.

G

·
I got the following advice from Nissan customer services:

Anything stuck to the lens of a xenon lamp can cause a hot spot and
have the potential to melt the lamp lens, BUT there is no alternative.
If it is only for a short time and the residue is cleaned off when
they are removed there shouldn't be a problem , however if for
instance you are exporting the vehicle then we would recommend you
consider about buying left hand drive headlights.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Hi MY mainstealer sold me some stick on ones and they seemed ok, as for self leveling, well by law the xenons have to be, and indeed they have to have the spray thingy's by law also !?!?!?! just don't break one,have you seen the price !!!!!!!!!! :roll:

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
I have not taken mine abroard yet, but they seem to dip very flat, like the continental cars that do not use stickers. Not a good test, but I drove home last night, about 1/2 hour lowish speeds (less cooling) and the glass seemed cool.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts