Nissan X-Trail Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now i have been looking like a loon for these. I know they come on the Uk Adventura model of the T30 and T31 but i can never seem to find them to buy on their own. Now my other question is, if i fit them will the roof still accommodate a massive roof rack and a hell of a lot of weight?

·
Registered
385 Posts
Jayxtrail03 said:
Now i have been looking like a loon for these. I know they come on the Uk Adventura model of the T30 and T31 but i can never seem to find them to buy on their own. Now my other question is, if i fit them will the roof still accommodate a massive roof rack and a hell of a lot of weight?
I'm sure when I was choosing my car it said somewhere that the model that comes with the roof bars with the lights in them that you can not use roof rack (cross Bars)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ah nuts to it. I really liked the look of them!! Well back to the aforementioned drawing board then. Not being able to hold a heavy weight on my roof would conflict with the desired end product!

·
Registered
81 Posts
The roof rails you're referring to called "Hyper Roof Rails" by Nissan and they can be fitted as an aftermarket accessory and that is exactly what I have done with my T30.

You can also buy specific roof racks to suit the hyper roof rail design, but the carrying load capacity will reduce from 70Kg (for the standard type of roof racks) to 50Kg for the roof racks/cross bars that are fitted with the hyper roof rails.

The cross bar kit for the T31 xtrail with roof lights has this part number: cross bar kit from Nissan, part no. KE732-JG010

As for the hyper roof rails with lights themselves, these are not cheap from Nissan and cost around $3000AUD (for the T30 model) so you can get an idea how much the T31 ones would cost. I have fitted aftermerket hyper roof rails on mine for quarter of that price and they look identical and even better than the genuine Nissan ones. (have a look in my website for pics or refer to the Aussie X-Trail Forum)

·
Registered
93 Posts
I'm sure that if you rang 'round enough dealers you'd come across one that had a set languishing in their stockroom. It's got to be worth a try! And you may get them a bit cheaper than after all the only way they're going to get rid is to sell them to one of us enthusiasts! ;)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts