Nissan X-Trail Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There is a yellow warning light on the dash,bottom lhs.
It looks like a ladder with air blowing through it,I have checked the owners manual and I cant find any referance to it.
Can anyone help or advise me.
bigjhon. :gathering:

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
Hi bigjhon and welcome to the forum. Think the symbol you descibed is the diesel particle filter warning light. Should come on when you turn on ignition, then go off. If it comes on when you're driving then it means the filter is blocked. Hopefully this is the right info (I drive a petrol so not really your best bet here!) and hopefully someone can confirm what I've said.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Can I do he job myself or do I have to take it to a Nissan garage.
I am new to all this.This is my first diesel engine.
Another thing that has just come to mind,is I think I have been given the wrong Owner's Manual,on the spine it reads NISSAN X-TRAIL T30-U.My car is the new shape,so I take it,it is the T31.
Have I go that right ?

·
Administrator
2,758 Posts
John, you shouldn't carry on driving your vehicle with the DPF light on, you need to do a (DPF Regeneration) procedure in the pdf file below. If you carry on driving with the DPF light on you'll then get the engine warning light coming on after a while and that then means that it will have to go into Nissan to have the oil changed the and filter as it's got contaminated with fuel or you'll end up with a knackered engine. The procedure is on page four of the pdf file.

DPF Regeneration

View attachment DPF Regeneration.pdf

Note: If you have difficulty viewing pdfs online, download and install the most current version of Acrobat Reader. Free Download available at http://www.adobe.com.

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.