It is currently Tue Nov 24, 2020 9:18 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Interior Light Bulbs
PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2020 10:07 pm 
Extreme Off Roader

Car:: Xtrail
Model: Aventura Explorer diesel auto.
Year/Plate: 2008
Colour: Blue
rufusbarry wrote:
Thanks again.In my early days i could get twelve pints of beer for a pound First wage was £10 as a Commis Chef.Mum took £4 i was left with £6Happy days Thanks Again Colster Regards Barry

Wow Barry, you were rich! My first wage was £3/10s a week for a 42 hour week in a factory. I was 15 years old. A year later I bought my first car, a 1954 Reliant convertible, for £50. You could drive a 3 wheeler at 16 then. Had some fun with that, and haven't been without a car since, apart from when I had one stolen back in 2009. All the best, Colin.

Profile Send private message  

X-Trail-UK.co.uk
Advertisement
PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2020 10:53 pm 
Xtrail Nut

Model: 2.2 DCi Columbia
Year/Plate: 2006 '06
Colour: Silver
Mods: LED Sidelight bulbs!
rufusbarry wrote:
Colster wrote:
I'm a few yeats behind the pair of you but can fully empathise. Barry, do you now understand how to fit these lights?
Hello Colster.I think i have it now Umbongo said i needed the spring loaded adapter,but he did not know i had the old bayonet type bulbs Thanks again.In my early days i could get twelve pints of beer for a pound First wage was £10 as a Commis Chef.Mum took £4 i was left with £6Happy days Thanks Again Colster Regards Barry

I expect Umbongo has seen festoon bulbs fitted on a different model year. I highly doubt he would give incorrect information deliberately.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2020 12:44 am 
Xtrail Nut

Car:: X-trail 2.2
Model: Diesel DCi T-Spec
Year/Plate: 2005
Colster wrote:
rufusbarry wrote:
Colster wrote:
I'm a few yeats behind the pair of you but can fully empathise. Barry, do you now understand how to fit these lights?
Hello Colster.I think i have it now Umbongo said i needed the spring loaded adapter,but he did not know i had the old bayonet type bulbs Thanks again.In my early days i could get twelve pints of beer for a pound First wage was £10 as a Commis Chef.Mum took £4 i was left with £6Happy days Thanks Again Colster Regards Barry

I expect Umbongo has seen festoon bulbs fitted on a different model year. I highly doubt he would give incorrect information deliberately.
No of course he wouldnt .He has helped me in the past with many problems,and i would have been lost without ..he is one intelligent man Regards Barry

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2020 2:43 pm 
Xtrail Nut

Bus-man wrote:
rufusbarry wrote:
Thanks again.In my early days i could get twelve pints of beer for a pound First wage was £10 as a Commis Chef.Mum took £4 i was left with £6Happy days Thanks Again Colster Regards Barry

Wow Barry, you were rich! My first wage was £3/10s a week for a 42 hour week in a factory. I was 15 years old. A year later I bought my first car, a 1954 Reliant convertible, for £50. You could drive a 3 wheeler at 16 then. Had some fun with that, and haven't been without a car since, apart from when I had one stolen back in 2009. All the best, Colin.
Hiya Colin.My wage wasnt £10..my mistake.It was £5/7s.6d..with around a £1 a week tips.When i became a fully qualified Chef five years later it was not etiquete for a Chef to accept tips.
I still had £4.7s.6d to myself a week.Nice to think back now and then..cant spell reminise.Best Wishes Barry.PS If you are ever near Scarborough you must let me know .Barry

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2020 3:48 pm 
Extreme Off Roader

Model: Aventura Explorer diesel auto.
Year/Plate: 2008
Colour: Blue
rufusbarry wrote:
Bus-man wrote:
rufusbarry wrote:

Hiya Colin.My wage wasnt £10..my mistake.It was £5/7s.6d..with around a £1 a week tips.When i became a fully qualified Chef five years later it was not etiquete for a Chef to accept tips.
I still had £4.7s.6d to myself a week.Nice to think back now and then..cant spell reminise.Best Wishes Barry.PS If you are ever near Scarborough you must let me know .Barry

Will do Barry. It's an area I would like to visit again I must admit. Last time I was round that way my two girls were only small, and my son wasn't born! He's 37 now and oldest daughter is 45. Doesn't time fly! Perhaps when all these lock-downs are over I'll hitch up my caravan and head on up there.
Likewise if you are ever near Hertford, give me a call.
All the best. Colin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2020 2:25 pm 
Xtrail Nut

rufusbarry wrote:
Hello Can anyone please tell me which bulbs do i need to brighten up the interior Best Wishes Barry
I now have the led light fittings.I can not get the bayonet bulb out as there is a square plastic thing sitting along side it stopping it coming out.Ant thoughts Regards Barry

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2020 8:54 am 
Extreme Off Roader

Model: T31 Adventurer 2.0dci
Year/Plate: 08
Colour: Iridium Graphite
Mods: Safari lights
I am in the dark here Barry as to what light fitting you have fitted can you post a pic of it or look at any on ebay whick look the same and grab a pic , you might have to take the plastic lens out to get to the bulb from the front. Does yours look anything like this

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2020 1:29 pm 
Xtrail Nut

leafy wrote:
I am in the dark here Barry as to what light fitting you have fitted can you post a pic of it or look at any on ebay whick look the same and grab a pic , you might have to take the plastic lens out to get to the bulb from the front. Does yours look anything like this
Hiya Leafy .Yes exactly the same .While i am here how do you get the middle and the boot light cover off without snapping them front one comes off easily.Hope you are well Regards Barry

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2020 7:44 pm 
Extreme Off Roader

Model: T31 Adventurer 2.0dci
Year/Plate: 08
Colour: Iridium Graphite
Mods: Safari lights
rufusbarry wrote:
leafy wrote:
Hiya Leafy .Yes exactly the same .While i am here how do you get the middle and the boot light cover off without snapping them front one comes off easily.Hope you are well Regards Barry

I am only guessing as looking at them on ebay, so the other 2 must look like these then .If they do then it looks like the housing is fixed to the vehicle by 2 screws under the lens which means you must have to hook the lens out anyway .So see if you can get a flat blade and prize it of careful .

Attachment:
s-l1600 (5).jpg

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2020 9:56 pm 
Xtrail Nut

leafy wrote:
rufusbarry wrote:
leafy wrote:

I am only guessing as looking at them on ebay, so the other 2 must look like these then .If they do then it looks like the housing is fixed to the vehicle by 2 screws under the lens which means you must have to hook the lens out anyway .So see if you can get a flat blade and prize it of careful .Hiya Leafy Thank you again for your advise.Yes the middle and rear are the same as the ones you have shown me Shall try with screwdriver..carefully Regards Barry

Attachment:
s-l1600 (5).jpg

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next