All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Front door not opening again
PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2020 3:19 pm 
Xtrail Nut

Car:: X-trail 2.2
Model: Diesel DCi T-Spec
Year/Plate: 2005
Colour: Silver
Three weeks ago the front door would not open.My son tried to prise the top of the door card off with a screwdriver...then Bang..the door glass shattered.Replaced the glass for £100 access with insurance..and got a door card from UPULLIT in York for £5.Now the same thing has happened again..Door will not open .Rather fed up now.Any ideas.I know the door card will not come off without getting the door open.Hope you are all well.Best Wishes Barry

Profile Send private message  

X-Trail-UK.co.uk
Advertisement
 Post subject: Re: Front door not opening again
PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2020 7:44 pm 
Extreme Off Roader

Car:: Xtrail
Model: T31 Adventurer 2.0dci
Year/Plate: 08
Colour: Iridium Graphite
Mods: Safari lights
I know this might sound stupid Barry but is your remote set to unlock just the drivers door with one press of the remote and open other doors with a second press. Try this here ...........Hold both the lock and un-lock buttons down together on the remote for approx 5 seconds. This will now open/close all doors together. To revert back to single (drivers) door opening, repeat the procedure.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2020 9:09 pm 
Xtrail Nut

leafy wrote:
I know this might sound stupid Barry but is your remote set to unlock just the drivers door with one press of the remote and open other doors with a second press. Try this here ...........Hold both the lock and un-lock buttons down together on the remote for approx 5 seconds. This will now open/close all doors together. To revert back to single (drivers) door opening, repeat the procedure.
Hiya Leafy.Thank you for the advise.I shall try as you suggest.Regarding the old forester.We used to go to Carlisle once every two weeks to see Nana.Every one was waiting in line because of the snow..BOWES MOOR A66,I had faith in the forester and pushed on.Every one followed us range rovers etc.There is a good Forester Turbo on Ebay.IF anything happened to the Xtrail i would certainly have another Forester Best Wishes Barry

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2020 11:49 am 
Xtrail Nut

leafy wrote:
Hiya Leafy.The part of the door card where the handle sits is the shape of a surf board.Do you think if i cut around it ,it would expose the door rods to get to mechanism.I f this would work and i did get the door open and the card off i could glue it back into place when the card was off.Good to hear from you again Regards Barry

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2020 6:19 pm 
Extreme Off Roader

Car:: Xtrail
Model: T31 Adventurer 2.0dci
Year/Plate: 08
Colour: Iridium Graphite
Mods: Safari lights
rufusbarry wrote:
leafy wrote:
Hiya Leafy.The part of the door card where the handle sits is the shape of a surf board.Do you think if i cut around it ,it would expose the door rods to get to mechanism.I f this would work and i did get the door open and the card off i could glue it back into place when the card was off.Good to hear from you again Regards Barry

Can you not get a metal coat hanger and bend a hook in the end ,then find a small gap say behind the door handle to get to towards the mechanism and just keep pulling here and there ,you might be lucky and release something

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2021 9:25 pm 

I know this is a bit late but I had the same problem with my front passenger door, I managed to get the panel off and sprayed everything I could see with wd40 or silicon spray, finally got the door opened but a short while later it happened again, someone suggested it might be the outside door handle getting stuck half way due to road grime build up stopping the central locking working, you know like when someone hears that first clunk opening the drivers door but doesn't wait for the second fob key press and tries to open the passenger door, well a couple of squirts of wd40 and a few quick finger lifts and snap drops and it opened straight away, never had a problem since

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2021 2:13 pm 
Xtrail Nut

auntystatic wrote:
I know this is a bit late but I had the same problem with my front passenger door, I managed to get the panel off and sprayed everything I could see with wd40 or silicon spray, finally got the door opened but a short while later it happened again, someone suggested it might be the outside door handle getting stuck half way due to road grime build up stopping the central locking working, you know like when someone hears that first clunk opening the drivers door but doesn't wait for the second fob key press and tries to open the passenger door, well a couple of squirts of wd40 and a few quick finger lifts and snap drops and it opened straight away, never had a problem since
Hello.How did you get the doorcard off without opening the door Regards Barry