Nissan X-Trail Forum banner

Cutting out front door

952 views 5 replies 2 participants last post by  rufusbarry 
#1 ·
Hello .I am getting a replacement door from the breakers yard.Can any one tell me how to go about cutting the old door out.Door is stuck on locked and will not open from the inside or the outside..so sadly i am having to destroy a perfectly good door .Regards Barry

#3 ·
rufusbarry said:
rufusbarry said:
Hello .I am getting a replacement door from the breakers yard.Can any one tell me how to go about cutting the old door out.Door is stuck on locked and will not open from the inside or the outside..so sadly i am having to destroy a perfectly good door .Regards Barry
PS .There is a plate somewhere in the xy which shows the colour code of the car.Can any one tell me where this might be .Baz
Open the bonnet and look inside up by drivers side wing ,pretty sure there is a plate there and colour code is onit

#4 ·
leafy said:
rufusbarry said:
rufusbarry said:
PS .There is a plate somewhere in the xy which shows the colour code of the car.Can any one tell me where this might be .Baz
Open the bonnet and look inside up by drivers side wing ,pretty sure there is a plate there and colour code is onit
Hello Leafy.Hope you and yours are all well.Thank you for the message Regards Barry.Sadly no one knows how to get the door open as it will not open and close from inside or outside Regards Barry

#5 ·
rufusbarry said:
leafy said:
rufusbarry said:
rufusbarry said:
Hello Leafy.Hope you and yours are all well.Thank you for the message Regards Barry.Sadly no one knows how to get the door open as it will not open and close from inside or outside Regards Barry
Afraid I can't help you with the door Barry as I would need to be stood by it with tools in my hand to help. I am sure you just need to find the right person to do it for you .Surely they are about up by you .Any of the boys in the local scrap yards help .Can you not find a battered Xtrail door and get someone to cut it open to look inside and possible ways of moving linkages about to release them .

There must be a way to say hook the end up on a metal coat hangar or thin metal ,then find somehow of sticking it inside the door and pull linkages or anything you can latch on too .

#6 ·
leafy said:
rufusbarry said:
leafy said:
rufusbarry said:
rufusbarry said:
Afraid I can't help you with the door Barry as I would need to be stood by it with tools in my hand to help. I am sure you just need to find the right person to do it for you .Surely they are about up by you .Any of the boys in the local scrap yards help .Can you not find a battered Xtrail door and get someone to cut it open to look inside and possible ways of moving linkages about to release them .

There must be a way to say hook the end up on a metal coat hangar or thin metal ,then find somehow of sticking it inside the door and pull linkages or anything you can latch on too .
Hello Leafy.Went to breakers yard.all the lock was gone .No luck there.Thank you for your message.Regards Barry

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.