All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Car Park Woes
PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 11:54 am 
Site Admin

Car:: Xtrail
Model: 2.2 Di Sport(T30 - YD22ETI) Trans MT.F6
Year/Plate: Dec 51
Colour: Red AX6
I was earlier talking about car park woes in another thread and have just came across this, I think this guy is a cool cucumber :cool: as I don't think I'd of received the news that well especially while being on holiday too.

Link

http://prettyessential.blogspot.com/

Profile Send private message  

X-Trail-UK.co.uk
Advertisement
My Photo Gallery
 Post subject: Re: Car Park Woes
PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 2:34 pm 
Xtrail Nut

Location: The Netherlands, Maartensdijk, centre of the country
Car:: Nissan X-Trail
Model: 1.6 Tekna 2 wheel drive
Year/Plate: 2018
Colour: Dark Brown
Mods: Dark brown with broken white upholstery. Tow-hook, fire extinguisher, LED Matrix headlights, LED interior and boot-light, handmade semi leather back-seat cover (dogs), booth-liner, wind deflectors, 4 seasons tires, BOSE audio + sub-woofer, Class 3 alarm
oops, that's ehhh, very big sh.t... hope it will be alright for you.

Hey Umbongo, but this brings back memories... For a few years we went on a trip with an mighty BIG KEA Camper in Autralia. We rented it in Holland (Of course the car itself stood in Austalia...) and made a trip through the west side. Totally we drove 11.000 kilmeters (!) and saw the country from Sydney, down to Adalaide, did the very beautiful drive along the ocean too (Apostles) then by plane to Perth (Got a real BIG camper overthere, length 8 meters. Is that okay with you sir? The other one is broken... Hmmmm: YEP, YEP, YEP! What a space!!!) down to Albany (!) and back to the Noth, all the way to Darwin (Hot, hot, hot...) Beautiful country, wide, desolate palces, dusty, sometimes more than 50 degrees Celsius (!) but a once in a lifetime journy." We went for 9 weeks. Hope to see more photograps!
If you want to see some photograps, I'll send the to you! Hope you enjoyed it as much as we did!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 4:42 pm 
Site Admin

Wimbo wrote:
oops, that's ehhh, very big s..t... hope it will be alright for you.
Wimbo, I think you've misunderstood this isn't my XT gladly, it's the person who's blog it is on. I enjoyed your tale and experience driving in OZ though.I drove in California down the Pacific coast in 2003 that was great drive I stopped off in Carmel where Clint Eastwood is the Mayor.The beach is beautiful wanted to go for a swim, but Jaws came into my mind :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 5:02 pm 
Xtrail Nut

Car:: Xtrail& audi ttr
Model: Sport Expedition
Year/Plate: 07/57
Colour: Atlas Blue
Mods: Nissan running boards, front wind deflectors
yes/ i cannot see that happening over here, i am sure they would have been long gone by the time you got back to the car park

My Photo Gallery
PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 9:45 pm 
Xtrail Nut

Car:: Subaru
Model: Forester XT
Colour: Silver
Umbongo. Realize this is really off topic but:
We did a trip in 2000. Flew to San Fransisco, collected hire car and set off on a 2500 mile trip - up to Lake Tahoe then onto Mammouth, across to Yosemite National Park, across Death Valley (that was just a tad warm!!) on to Las Vegas then up to Grand Canyon and watched the sun going down (the word awesome means something when you see that) on then to Scottsdale in Arizona, down to Palm Springs and finished up in Hollywood and flew home from Los Angeles. I'd always had a dream that I wanted to drive along Route 66 - had a weird thought that my whole life would change and I'd become "cool" and actually suit my sun glasses when I drove that road but I guess it's not always good to chase a dream. We pulled off the highway into a retro 1950's style diner - real "Happy Days" stuff - only thing that was missing was the Fonz! It was then we realised that we were on, and had been driving along Route 66 for the last 30 miles! No life changing experience, didn't become cool and my sun glasses still looked naff but glad I did it all the same. Amazing trip and would I do it again - don't know - maybe? I must admit that I got a real buzz driving into Las Vegas - obviously been watching too many films as it did put a odd grin on my face - wife thought I just had wind :lol:
A great trip if anyone has ever thought of doing it. It's a lot of driving and you really need to spend some decent time at each stop - we should have had a longer holiday but could only get 2 weeks off - you need 3 weeks, or visit less places.

My Photo Gallery
PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 1:02 pm 
Xtrail Nut

Mods: Dark brown with broken white upholstery. Tow-hook, fire extinguisher, LED Matrix headlights, LED interior and boot-light, handmade semi leather back-seat cover (dogs), booth-liner, wind deflectors, 4 seasons tires, BOSE audio + sub-woofer, Class 3 alarm
He, he.... Route 66. Get your kicks on route... right. We want to do it, but then on a real American Harley Davidson Low rider or electra Glide... Seems the world to me! Maybe... one day... ever... he, he.

My Photo Gallery
PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 3:09 pm 
Xtrail Nut

Actually Wimbo, I did suggest to my wife that we did the trip on a Harley as you can hire them. She said if I wanted to go all that way on a Harley then I could go by myself. I got as far as Nevada and thought, no - I better go back for her and hire a car :lol: :lol: :lol:

My Photo Gallery
PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 5:03 pm 
Xtrail Nut

Hey Vandy: you know my wife??!!! :lol: Same here.... unfortunatily! (Te be honest)

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 8:11 pm 
Site Admin

Vandy wrote:
Umbongo. Realize this is really off topic but:
We did a trip in 2000. Flew to San Fransisco, collected hire car and set off on a 2500 mile trip - up to Lake Tahoe then onto Mammouth, across to Yosemite National Park, across Death Valley (that was just a tad warm!!) on to Las Vegas then up to Grand Canyon and watched the sun going down (the word awesome means something when you see that) on then to Scottsdale in Arizona, down to Palm Springs and finished up in Hollywood and flew home from Los Angeles. I'd always had a dream that I wanted to drive along Route 66 - had a weird thought that my whole life would change and I'd become "cool" and actually suit my sun glasses when I drove that road but I guess it's not always good to chase a dream. We pulled off the highway into a retro 1950's style diner - real "Happy Days" stuff - only thing that was missing was the Fonz! It was then we realised that we were on, and had been driving along Route 66 for the last 30 miles! No life changing experience, didn't become cool and my sun glasses still looked naff but glad I did it all the same. Amazing trip and would I do it again - don't know - maybe? I must admit that I got a real buzz driving into Las Vegas - obviously been watching too many films as it did put a odd grin on my face - wife thought I just had wind :lol:
A great trip if anyone has ever thought of doing it. It's a lot of driving and you really need to spend some decent time at each stop - we should have had a longer holiday but could only get 2 weeks off - you need 3 weeks, or visit less places.

I started my trip in Seattle then flew onto San Francisco, Alcatraz,Angel Island. California stayed in Los Angeles (Beverly Hills) found no black gold though :lol: then flew to Las vegas and stayed in the Luxor Hotel, while I was there took a trip flew over the Hoover Dam and then got on a coach to the dam and then onto the Grand Canyon, then went onto New York,Philadelphia and back home. It was a three week trip and was a great time.Image

My Photo Gallery
PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 8:52 pm 
Xtrail Nut

Great stuff Umbongo - 3 weeks must have been good. We went over to Alcatraz when we were in San Fransisco - made the hairs on the back of my neck stand out - wife said it was probably my guilty conscience which didn't amuse me! (I did send someone back over there to release and collect her the next day though!) Funnily enough it was the Luxor that we stayed in - the ultimate in pyramid selling! We drove out to Grand Canyon as my wife didn't fancy the flying bit - must admit I started twitching a bit at the thought of it when we saw the helecopters dipping right down into the canyon. We drove around the Hoover dam - that is something else - what a bit of engineering and would have loved to have seen it from the air :thumbs:
Stayed at the Rosovelt in Hollywood - directly opposite the Chinese wotsit where they do the Oscars. Had to go over there to find the hand and foot prints area -offered to do mine for them but they didn't seem too interested :confused:
Ah, Happy days. That was at the time when I was employed - now self employed it's a week in Scotland and share a sandwich for Sunday lunch, if we're lucky, then leave our cardboard box and lick road clean 'wit tooongue :lol: :lol: :lol: