Nissan X-Trail Forum banner

Torque Pro OBDII and Bluetooth Adaptor

104K views 134 replies 52 participants last post by  joey_turbo 
#1 ·
Hi folks,

I've just downloaded Torque Pro and ordered a Bluetooth adapter. I don't have a specific task in mind, I'm sure sure it'll come in handy sooner or later for something! Looking forward to plugging in and having a play.

I've done a very quick forum search and there are little bits of info spattered across various threads. As things like Bluetooth/serial comms can be a bit fiddly I think it would be a good idea to have a dedicated thread that we can post all our own individual findings, problems encountered, tips for individual devices etc.

For those of you who dont know about Torque Pro, it's a phone app for reading engine data, fault codes, etc.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... rque&hl=en

I see it also supports a Nissan Consult adapter which could be very handy for us X Trailers!

Mods - can we please make this a sticky?

#3 ·
I also used Torque Pro via bluetooth quite a bit a year ago to diagnose some CAT/Lambda sensor issues. It's an interesting bit of kit - thankfully it's never been put to use since. Used it to clear codes on a few other cars though.

It's painless to set up - if you're tech savvy enough turn on the phone/tab/device bluetooth you'll be able to use it :biggrin:

#6 ·
To be honest, I have only played around with Torque Pro a few times, maybe 4 times on my XT and twice on a friends Mercedes CLS.

To the best of my knowledge even across the different dCi years, different protocols are used which support different modes. To the best of my knowledge, Modes 1 2 7 & 9 are supported on my XT. Mode 3 supports error codes and even though it runs 'no errors' I don't think it's supported.

On the QR20DE & QR25DE, this is supported.

If you look at one of the pics, you'll see that an ECU query returns Mode 6 not supported.

Mode 6 offers things like: Fuel Evap, Catalyst, O2 sensor, O2 sensor heater, EGR, etc where applicable to that particular engine.

I posted some details in a thread by CHRISM on 'fault codes without a reader' details Protocols, modes etc.

It would be great if other users could post screen shots along with error codes found and cleared. This could be a great resource thread.

Eoin

#7 ·
This is what the programme looks like on my Samsung Galaxy Note;-

Home screen =

Realtime data screen 1 =

"Boy racer" screen =

Anoter real time data screen =

Currently no error codes so I haven't put that screen up (it's blank) but when there are any I can check the code and, if required, clear them. I can also re-set the engine management light.

A natty bit of kit :)

#17 ·
You need to pair your Android device with the Bluetooth adapter. Go to the devices Bluetooth settings and Search/Pair - once it finds device enter the default pass key, 1234 or 0000.

It should then connect to the ECU.

If not, there may be some other issue. Hope this helps.

Eoin

#19 ·
I bought one a while ago and downloaded the Torque Pro app to look at an error I'd got, but nothing was stored so cleared it and off I went.

I recently purchased a Nexus 7 with the intention of leaving the Bluetooth adapter plugged in - might give it a go today as I have a long drive to Norfolk.

#26 ·
I've had some trouble starting my XT on the first turn of the key at times. Replacing the fuel filter solved the problem for about a week. On Friday I disconnected the negative battery lead and cleaned it and also cleaned the glow plug relay contacts. They were pretty burnt. After polishing and adjusting, the faces met perfectly.

XT started perfect yesterday and this morning.

This evening I noticed the EML on. Hooked up the OBD and Torque Pro and it was able to read the error code.

P0380 glow plug heater circuit A

Need to go and check the glow plugs and whole circuit. :headbang:

Eoin

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.