Nissan X-Trail Forum banner

Spare key

2K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  popeye55 
#1 ·
Hiya I hope you are all well.My spare key will open and close the xtrail on the fob and will also turn on the ignition,but will not start the car as it needs scanned .I have the number on a nissan card ,but do not know where to start Regards Barry

#7 ·
I haven't had an Xtrail key done yet Barry, but my local locksmith who is an old mate has done a key for my mercedes truck as I watched him do it on a little device .The transponder chip from old key needed copying onto a new spare key .I think a local Timpsons could do it as well Barry .It's best if someone does it for you :thumbs:

Here is a Timpsons Locksmith for you in scarborough. Give them a ring and tell them what you want doing .

Market Lane Eastfield
Scarborough
YO11 3YN
England

Phone: 01723 583956

Dave

#9 ·
leafy said:
I haven't had an Xtrail key done yet Barry, but my local locksmith who is an old mate has done a key for my mercedes truck as I watched him do it on a little device .The transponder chip from old key needed copying onto a new spare key .I think a local Timpsons could do it as well Barry .It's best if someone does it for you :thumbs:

Here is a Timpsons Locksmith for you in scarborough. Give them a ring and tell them what you want doing . Hello Leafy.Good to hear from you again.Thank you for the advice and phone number.Hope you and yours are all keeping well.Best Wishes Barry

Market Lane Eastfield
Scarborough
YO11 3YN
England

Phone: 01723 583956

Dave

#10 ·
rufusbarry said:
bertye said:
Yu use the car to program the keys. This is how to do it (Nissan Progarm)
http://ww2.justanswer.com/uploads/billc ... -trail.JPG
Thank you for your reply.This only opens and closes the doors.but will not actually start the carRegards Barry
You do have to do it a few times to get it to work correctly, as I had the same problem tears ago and took a few attempts to get all the keys to work correctly.

#11 ·
Hi Barry, my xtrail came with one one key so the first thing I done was get a second key. Believe it or not after many phone calls the cheapest place was nissan main dealer not far from where i live. the down side was it couldnt be done for a week by the time they got the key then had me take the car in. Now from memory i think it was around £150 but i didnt mind that because the car was such a good deal. In the end we had a local mobile locksmith who came to us, cut a new key and programmed it for near enough the same price but think it was a little more but he came next day so :thumbs: very happy.
Maybe worth ringing your main dealer just for a price you could be surprised.
Good luck :thumbs:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.