Nissan X-Trail Forum banner

Radio not working

7K views 10 replies 3 participants last post by  Bus-man 
#1 ·
Radio no longer works.Changed the fuse....nothing.Can anyone help .Regards Barry

#2 ·
There are so many possibilities that it would be almost impossible to diagnose this without being hands on.

I would suggest removing the radio and checking all connections. With radio out, radio feeds could be tested with a test light or multimeter or similar.

Did you get your heater resistor out?

#3 ·
Colster said:
There are so many possibilities that it would be almost impossible to diagnose this without being hands on.

I would suggest removing the radio and checking all connections. With radio out, radio feeds could be tested with a test light or multimeter or similar.

Hiya Col .Not yet.It looks hard to remove.Is there a connecter in the back of it.At least i now know where it is now,thanks to your help.Regards Barry

#4 ·
rufusbarry said:
Colster said:

Hiya Col .Not yet.It looks hard to remove.Is there a connecter in the back of it.At least i now know where it is now,thanks to your help.Regards Barry
There are several wires behind the radio. I believe you have had an aftermarket radio fitted, so wiring may be nonstandard. There may be a fuse in the back of the radio itself. There are 2 vehicle fuses that could affect the radio. 1 is in the fusebox under the steering column, the other is in the fusebox under the bonnet.

Attachments

#5 ·
Colster said:
rufusbarry said:
Colster said:

There are several wires behind the radio. I believe you have had an aftermarket radio fitted, so wiring may be nonstandard. There may be a fuse in the back of the radio itself. There are 2 vehicle fuses that could affect the radio. 1 is in the fusebox under the steering column, the other is in the fusebox under the bonnet.
Hello Col.As ever you were right yet again.Took the fuse out/engine bay/ still looked ok.Put it back in and the radio now works Thanks again Col .Regards Barry

#8 ·
rufusbarry said:
Colster said:
rufusbarry said:
Colster said:

Hello Col.As ever you were right yet again.Took the fuse out/engine bay/ still looked ok.Put it back in and the radio now works Thanks again Col .Regards Barry
Hi Barry, probably just a bit of light corrosion around the fuse or the holder. You taking it out and putting it back has cleared it. I've had that sort of thing myself and it can be very misleading. You look at the fuse in the holder and it looks ok, but take it out and put it back and problem solved. Hope you are keeping ok. Regards, Colin

#10 ·
Colster said:
No problem. Enjoy Boz Scaggs belting out Sierra once again.
Hello Colin.Sierra is one of my favourite.Had my time in the 60s stones /beatles etc I am now 74 and have mellowed with the years .Gary Moore Parisienne Walkways.Eva Cassidy Songbird.Beautiful songs.Listen in the house with my Phillips Fedelio headphones on and the sound is fabuous.Hope you and Yours are all well and thank you for everything.If you are ever near Scarborough you must call in.Best Wishes Barry

#11 ·
rufusbarry said:
Colster said:
No problem. Enjoy Boz Scaggs belting out Sierra once again.
Hello Colin.Sierra is one of my favourite.Had my time in the 60s stones /beatles etc I am now 74 and have mellowed with the years .Gary Moore Parisienne Walkways.Eva Cassidy Songbird.Beautiful songs.Listen in the house with my Phillips Fedelio headphones on and the sound is fabuous.Hope you and Yours are all well and thank you for everything.If you are ever near Scarborough you must call in.Best Wishes Barry
Sounds like we have very similar music tastes Barry, and you are just a couple of years older than me. I present a hospital radio show and I often play both Gary Moore and Eva Cassidy along with loads of other 60s and 70s music. Before tomorrow night's show I will be checking the station's record library to see if they have Sierra in there. If not I'll have to upload it, as it's all on computer these days. Best regards, the other Colin.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.