It is currently Sat Sep 26, 2020 6:08 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: sat nav screen
PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2015 10:33 pm 

Just bought my x trail t30 sve.its all singing and dancing and has the sat Navy.strangely there's like streak marks on the screen which doesn't seem to come off.anyone else have this problem,not that its a big deal cos when its lit up u can't see them much,but the car is a 2.2 DCI,just about every option and 60 k on the clock and is mint inside and out...........

Profile Send private message  

X-Trail-UK.co.uk
Advertisement
My Photo Gallery
 Post subject: Re: sat nav screen
PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 5:22 am 
Xtrail Nut

Car:: Previously - X-Trail
Model: SVE 2.2dCi
Year/Plate: July 2005 [05]
Colour: Zinc
Mods: Parking Sensors. DRLs, Additional Reverse lights, Wind Deflectors....
Hello Chris,

Welcome to the Forum. :biggrin:

I have exactly the same issues on my sat nav screen. The marks are caused by two pieces of glass laid together - and the marks are between the two...

If you are feeling brave you can remove the outer screen - clean the glass and refix - as described by Harpderby in this thread... :thumbs:

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=7302

As you say once the screen is lit up it is hardly noticeable - so I have not felt brave enough to remove the glass to correct it yet.. :biggrin:

Enjoy your X-Trail. :thumbs: Kind regards, John

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2015 3:50 pm 

Car:: X-Trail
Model: SVE 2.2dCi
Year/Plate: 2005
Colour: Silver
Mods: None yet!
johnrimm wrote:
Hello Chris,

I have exactly the same issues on my sat nav screen. The marks are caused by two pieces of glass laid together - and the marks are between the two...

If you are feeling brave you can remove the outer screen - clean the glass and refix - as described by Harpderby in this thread... :thumbs:

As you say once the screen is lit up it is hardly noticeable - so I have not felt brave enough to remove the glass to correct it yet.. :biggrin:

I've just picked up my first X-Trail and have the exact same issue. It looks as if someone has taken it apart to clean and not done a great job! Streaks galore!

I'll be following this guide also, thanks John :)

Anyone ever attempted to fit an aftermarket CD/Radio but kept the built in Sat Nav? I'm curious to know if the voice over the music could still work with a different CD player installed :?:

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2015 7:05 pm 
Soft Roader

Car:: Xtrail
Model: T31 Aventura Explorer Extreme 2.0l dCi 173 Manual
Year/Plate: 2008
Colour: Ebisu Black
Mods: Towbar 13pin, Sidesteps, LED DRL's, LED interior lights, LED sidelights, LED reg plate lights, LED side repeaters, LED reversing Light, LED Glove Box light
Just to add my experience...

When I got my xt last year, the satnav screen had "dribble" marks on the inside. At first I thought it was historic dried condensation, but then thanks to others on the forum I found it was the deterioration of the anti-glare coating on the inside of the front screen.

Once having gained access to the satnav display unit, I found 4 small screws that held the anti-glare screen & frame in place.

Once removed, I used a Perspex/Acrylic polish on the inside to carefully take off the anti-glare coating.
It took a while, but with patience the result is a nice clean display - you have to work right into into the corners!

This is the only picture I took at the time

Hope it helps....

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2015 10:02 pm 
Off Roader

Model: Aventura 2.2 Dci
Year/Plate: 2006
Colour: Urban Mist KX21
Mods: Fully loaded. Leather, xenons, tints, heated seats, power folding mirrors, ESP. Also with dealer options. Safari pack, side steps, rear parking sensors, Westfalia detachable towbar, boot mat. Travall dog guard. Mods so far.. interior LED lighting
Triggerking135 wrote:
johnrimm wrote:
Hello Chris,

I've just picked up my first X-Trail and have the exact same issue. It looks as if someone has taken it apart to clean and not done a great job! Streaks galore!

I'll be following this guide also, thanks John :)

Anyone ever attempted to fit an aftermarket CD/Radio but kept the built in Sat Nav? I'm curious to know if the voice over the music could still work with a different CD player installed :?:

I fitted a Pioneer DAB into my Exy. Sat navigation still chirps away as I think it is hard wired to the right hand front speaker and doesn't rely on the stereo.

I also did the screen fix and it works well. Just take your time with it.

My Photo Gallery
PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2015 12:03 pm 
Off Roader

Model: 2.2 dci SVE
Year/Plate: 2005 (55)
Colour: Amazon Green
Mods: Reversing Sensors, Pioneer DEH-X8500DAB audio unit (replaced a previously installed Parrot MK6100 Handsfree), Kinetic DRA-6001 roof antenna
Matt101 wrote:

I fitted a Pioneer DAB into my Exy. Sat navigation still chirps away as I think it is hard wired to the right hand front speaker and doesn't rely on the stereo.

The audio signal from both the satnav and the stereo headunit are routed to the speakers via an audio changer switch (sorry can't remember the correct terminology). In its default state it routes the headunit signal to the speaker but when it detects a voltage from the satnav it switches the source to the satnav.

When you connect an aftermarket headunit to the nissan loom it is before this switcher and you retain the signal switching functions

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2020 2:20 am 
Soft Roader

I've fitted a new stereo and have lost this facility, is it difficult to remedy?