Nissan X-Trail Forum banner

Sat nav screen

10K views 12 replies 9 participants last post by  SniperMike 
#1 ·
Hi has anyone replaced the sat nav screen mine has some marks that I am unable to get off, is it replaceable? Luckily you cannot see the marks when the sat nav is on but I would like to change it if possible.
Any input would be appreciated.
Regards
Steve

#3 ·
Hi Deezel thanks for the reply I have tried to take a picture but you get to much reflection, think I will live with it till the warmer weather arrives, and try and strip it out and investigate then, unless one of the more knowledgeable forum members can give us some ideas.
Cheers
Harpderby

#6 ·
Hi Folks two days of sunshine and a sat nav screen that I couldn't see anything through, got home and decided to have a go at sorting it out, remembered some one had posted that there was two screens and the marks are in between them.
A gentle lever of the centre console and the whole lot popped out far enough to enable the screen to be seen, I carefully slid a scalpel blade between the two screens, to break the seal/adeshive, and the front one came off quite easily.
The greasy residue was easily washed off with warm water and washing up liquid, plus a polish with a soft cloth, and it was perfectly clear of an any marks, when cleaning be careful not too touch the adhesive on the side of the glass as this enables you to stick it back in place
Refitted the screen, refit the console, and BINGO a sat nav screen that I can see in any light perfectly now.
From start to finish 30 mins, a good job done I'm well happy know.
Regards
Steve

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.