All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Sat Nav Volume
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 8:33 pm 
Xtrail Nut

Car:: X-trail 2.2
Model: Diesel DCi T-Spec
Year/Plate: 2005
Colour: Silver
The Sat Nav voice is on full....but i can hardly hear it even when the engine is turned off.I rely on the voice advice rather than the graphical as it stops me looking at the display all the time.The xtrail is 2005 and is the Tspec .I really hope someone can help me.Is the sat nav in any way connected to the radio.The sound seems to come from the top right hand side of the dash where the tweeters are.Any help will be appreciated Best Wishes Barry

Profile Send private message  

X-Trail-UK.co.uk
Advertisement
 Post subject: Re: Sat Nav Volume
PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2018 10:00 am 
Soft Roader

Car:: Xtrail
Model: T31 Aventura Explorer Extreme 2.0l dCi 173 Manual
Year/Plate: 2008
Colour: Ebisu Black
Mods: Towbar 13pin, Sidesteps, LED DRL's, LED interior lights, LED sidelights, LED reg plate lights, LED side repeaters, LED reversing Light, LED Glove Box light
Hi Barry,
The satnav voice should come from the drivers-side door radio speaker, and operates with or without the radio on.

With the radio on, the radio's right channel is automatically reduced in volume when a satnav instruction occurs.

Check and be sure that you can hear the radio through the driver's door speaker by altering the balance to the right.

I suspect that the low level satnav voice you're experiencing is because the driver's-door speaker isn't functioning - and all you're hearing is the tweeter, designed to enhance only the higher (treble) audio frequencies.

Hope this is helpful,
Martin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2018 1:14 pm 
Xtrail Nut

milly5419 wrote:
Hi Barry,
The satnav voice should come from the drivers-side door radio speaker, and operates with or without the radio on.

With the radio on, the radio's right channel is automatically reduced in volume when a satnav instruction occurs.

Check and be sure that you can hear the radio through the driver's door speaker by altering the balance to the right.

I suspect that the low level satnav voice you're experiencing is because the driver's-door speaker isn't functioning - and all you're hearing is the tweeter, designed to enhance only the higher (treble) audio frequencies.

Hope this is helpful,
Martin
Martin .Thank you for the help and advice.The door speakers do work when the radio is on....but i do not get a sound out of it when the sat nav voice is trying to give me instructions.I really do not know what it could be.It is so annoying.Martin Thank you once again for your help and advice Best Wishes Barry.PS I hope i have put this in the right place.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2018 1:55 pm 
Soft Roader

Car:: Xtrail
Model: T31 Aventura Explorer Extreme 2.0l dCi 173 Manual
Year/Plate: 2008
Colour: Ebisu Black
Mods: Towbar 13pin, Sidesteps, LED DRL's, LED interior lights, LED sidelights, LED reg plate lights, LED side repeaters, LED reversing Light, LED Glove Box light
Hi Barry,
It's a bit of a mystery, but there is a 'voice change relay' involved in the satnav voice circuit - see attached.

From what you describe it could be that there is a problem with the relay - try unplugging and replugging?

Martin

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2018 5:41 pm 
Xtrail Nut

milly5419 wrote:
Hi Barry,
It's a bit of a mystery, but there is a 'voice change relay' involved in the satnav voice circuit - see attached.

From what you describe it could be that there is a problem with the relay - try unplugging and replugging?

Martin
Martin.Thank you once again .I am useless at reading diagrams you have shown me.Which plugs should i unplug and and rejoin.I really appreciate what you have told me to do.Sadly it all looks too complicated for me.Regards Barry

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2018 9:42 am 
Off Roader

Just looked at mine,NX501ER, to change sat nav volume go into sat nav settings, sound and warnings, volume, adjust volume using 'Guidance'.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk