All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Sat Nav with micro sd cards
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 1:53 pm 
Soft Roader

Car:: Xtrail
Model: T30 2.2 dCi Columbia
Year/Plate: 2007
Colour: Grey Pearl
Mods: Media centre with sat nav, Bluetooth, DVD, Reversing camera, SD card slot.
The sat nav I see referred to mostly is the dvd type. Has anyone got the touch screen model with a micro sd slot in each of the top corners?

I have just bought a 2007 Columbia T30 and all the manuals are missing, so I can’t find info on map updates or the largest size of sd card that the unit will read. I have tried a 64gb which came up as a “bad card” so it’s too big is my assumption. I am also wondering if cards need to be formatted in the unit first.

If anyone has a manual or pdf link I would be a very happy old boy.

Profile Send private message  

X-Trail-UK.co.uk
Advertisement
 Post subject: Re: Sat Nav with micro sd cards
PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 3:52 pm 
Soft Roader

Mods: Media centre with sat nav, Bluetooth, DVD, Reversing camera, SD card slot.
This is complete rubbish. I discovered that someone had installed a generic sat nav and input all the Nissan logos to make it look the part.

You learn something every day.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 4:41 pm 
Extreme Off Roader

Model: Bonavista Edition
Year/Plate: 2006
Colour: Sunlit sand
Why is it complete rubbish? I have had one in mine for over 6 years. I like that it can be personalized to show a Nissan logo on startup. Big improvement over the original cd unit. Gps in mine is great. You can buy updated maps and nav programs on micro sd card on Amazon for a small fraction for what nissan charges for map updates (if they even deign to make them available). Adds bluetooth, and an sd card reader to your car. 64 gig is simply too big for it. Go 32 or smaller should work fine. Also allowed me to install a back up camera to work with it. I find these are brilliant units especially considering the price point they are available at. Like any new tech or toy there is a bit of a learning period to familiarize yourself with it, but by and large the units are fairly intuitive. The one thing you do not get with a Chinese Wince or Android unit is a decent english manual. But truth is few people read those anyway.
If you are having problems or have questions, myself or someone here may be able to help.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 6:31 pm 
Soft Roader

Quadraria wrote:
Why is it complete rubbish? I have had one in mine for over 6 years. I like that it can be personalized to show a Nissan logo on startup. Big improvement over the original cd unit. Gps in mine is great. You can buy updated maps and nav programs on micro sd card on Amazon for a small fraction for what nissan charges for map updates (if they even deign to make them available). Adds bluetooth, and an sd card reader to your car. 64 gig is simply too big for it. Go 32 or smaller should work fine. Also allowed me to install a back up camera to work with it. I find these are brilliant units especially considering the price point they are available at. Like any new tech or toy there is a bit of a learning period to familiarize yourself with it, but by and large the units are fairly intuitive. The one thing you do not get with a Chinese Wince or Android unit is a decent english manual. But truth is few people read those anyway.
If you are having problems or have questions, myself or someone here may be able to help.

I was referring to my ramblings. I like the unit and am getting more familiar with it. I can’t find a manual, although I have found a couple of links to Asian software companies on it. I bought a 32gb card and it plays a lot of the music on it so I now need to ensure everything is in MP3 format.

The one question I have is how do I tell which gps will suit my unit. It displays 2013 version but that’s not necessarily what’s on it now. There is iPad software but no mention of my preferred Android. There are so many input options that that’s not a worry.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2018 1:09 pm 
Extreme Off Roader

Model: Bonavista Edition
Year/Plate: 2006
Colour: Sunlit sand
If its any consolation, anyone who bought a 2014 or 2015 Rogue ( North American version of the T32 X trail) with the tech package cannot get a map update either. Nissan will not provide or sell one, and has basically washed their hands of any ongoing support with regards to updates in the future.
For the Chinese units, you can easily get a new updated map card and nav program off of Amazon, Ebay, or through a torrent download if you know where to look. The cost is also a fraction of what Nissan charges for their updates. Now they may still be a year or two old but that is relatively new in the map world. To get the most current maps you can probably purchase them through Naviextras.com.
My system uses a version of IGO, and came with maps of Canada, US and Mexico.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2018 5:48 pm 
Soft Roader

Quadraria wrote:
If its any consolation, anyone who bought a 2014 or 2015 Rogue ( North American version of the T32 X trail) with the tech package cannot get a map update either. Nissan will not provide or sell one, and has basically washed their hands of any ongoing support with regards to updates in the future.
For the Chinese units, you can easily get a new updated map card and nav program off of Amazon, Ebay, or through a torrent download if you know where to look. The cost is also a fraction of what Nissan charges for their updates. Now they may still be a year or two old but that is relatively new in the map world. To get the most current maps you can probably purchase them through Naviextras.com.
My system uses a version of IGO, and came with maps of Canada, US and Mexico.

Thanks for the input. It’s a nice unit with fantastic sound quality, signal pickup, and the choice of inputs is great. It also has a camera input which I will make full use of once I decide where to mount a camera.
The car manufacturers are a disgrace, I was charged £14 for a stepped bolt and nylock nut.