It is currently Fri Sep 25, 2020 10:26 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Fitting another radio
PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2019 12:22 pm 
Off Roader

Hi
I'm going to fit a cheap Chinese radio with Bluetooth in place of the radio/cd player. Mine's the single DIN slot version. I can get an adapter for the power and speaker plug from Halfords for a tenner but what do you do with the other plug for the satnav audio switcher? M43 on the circuit diagram.

Old enough to know better

Profile Send private message  

X-Trail-UK.co.uk
Advertisement
 Post subject: Re: Fitting another radio
PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2019 11:51 am 
Soft Roader

Car:: Xtrail
Model: 2.2 dCi Columbia
Year/Plate: 2006
Colour: Black
Mods: K&N Panel Filter, Heko Wind Deflectors
Hi, I have just finished installing a double din android unit in mine, removed the single din and put a cubby hole in and had to buy a non sat nav surround to install the unit.

You can't integrate the Nissan Nav System with any aftermarket radio.. I removed the full sat nav system and looped it out. I also had to solder many wires into the loom as the standard setup even with ISO (tried 2 versions) doesn't allow for this, took me a few days to trace wires and locate terminals, also never managed to get the steering wheel controls to work but didn't apply much effort to this..

Bare in mind my headunit had reverse camera, etc. etc. so many wires soldered were for that purpose..

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2019 12:36 pm 
Xtrail Nut

Model: 2.2 DCi Columbia
Year/Plate: 2006 '06
Colour: Silver
Mods: LED Sidelight bulbs!
Moonstick wrote:
Hi, I have just finished installing a double din android unit in mine, removed the single din and put a cubby hole in and had to buy a non sat nav surround to install the unit.

You can't integrate the Nissan Nav System with any aftermarket radio.. I removed the full sat nav system and looped it out. I also had to solder many wires into the loom as the standard setup even with ISO (tried 2 versions) doesn't allow for this, took me a few days to trace wires and locate terminals, also never managed to get the steering wheel controls to work but didn't apply much effort to this..

Bare in mind my headunit had reverse camera, etc. etc. so many wires soldered were for that purpose..

Where did you get radio surround from? Is it a standard surround from any non Satnav T30?

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2019 3:35 pm 
Soft Roader

Model: 2.2 dCi Columbia
Colour: Black
Mods: K&N Panel Filter, Heko Wind Deflectors
Colster wrote:
Moonstick wrote:

Where did you get radio surround from? Is it a standard surround from any non Satnav T30?

Hi Colster, Yes I picked up a full surround on eBay for around £30 from a non satnav model just make sure its the same layout as they changed in 04/05 i think??

It fits really well although a 5mm gap at the top of the head unit, not got round to using some black sealant to finish it off..

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2019 1:02 pm 
Extreme Off Roader

Model: Bonavista Edition
Colour: Sunlit sand
If it's not quite fitting you might need to adjust the front facing bracket holes that the stereo uses for position. I had to take a dremel to make the holes longer on mine to allow for a minor bit of adjustment. Doing so allows a perfect fit and then the trim will also fit perfectly.