Nissan X-Trail Forum banner

Fitting DAB roof ariel

2K views 7 replies 2 participants last post by  rufusbarry 
#1 ·
Hello.I have tried the magnetic dab ariels.The only way to get good reception is with a roof ariel.There is one on the roof at the moment.but disconnected .Is. it difficult to take this one off and replace it with a new Dab ariel Dont fancy taking the roof lining off Regards Barry

#5 ·
Thank you for your kind message.Can you please explain futher how i can get the three leads from the new roof ariel to the rear of the radio.Radio now only plays on FM....DAB has gone.Cheap magnetic aeriels have never worked.Appreciate any help you can give me Best Wishes Barry

#6 ·
As mentioned earlier Barry, start by removing the front overhead lamp to access the bottom of the original aerial where you can undo the nut and disconnect the cables.
Then on the driver's side, pull off the rubber door seal and slide the speaker cover away from the window to remove. Then the plastic cover on the A-pillar can be unclipped by pulling it off.
It may help to remove the driver's sun visor to help pass the wires from the aerial to the A-pillar.
Once the wires are down at the bottom of the A-pillar you have the choice to either run them under the dash and back up to the radio or you can remove the driver's storage box and run the wires through the dash to the radio.
Removing the driver's storage box will require different other parts to be removed from the dash depending on your model of Xtrail. Mine is the original T30 and I had to unclip the 2 silver strips along the dash, undo the 2 screws for the cluster cover and remove it then you have access to undo the 2 screws holding in the driver's storage box.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.