It is currently Tue Apr 20, 2021 8:20 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Audio cuts out for ~30 secs - Linked to Traffic Messages?
PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2015 4:18 pm 
Extreme Off Roader

Car:: X-Trail T32
Model: 1.6dCi Tekna 2WD Manual 5 Seat
Year/Plate: 14/64
Colour: Gun Metallic
Mods: Detachable Towbar
Software updated (from D024 to D302, it says on the invoice - free of charge as you'd expect), during first service today.
They said they'd updated quite a few for this reason, also Qashqais. It does say this was as a result of investigating the Connect unit resetting itself (which I hadn't reported) and volume muting when not required (which I had), so maybe that's the standard wording associated with this update.

Too early to confirm a definite fix, but it certainly hasn't cut out during about an hour of driving since, and that's a good sign! :smile:

Profile Send private message  

X-Trail-UK.co.uk
Advertisement
 Post subject: Re: Audio cuts out for ~30 secs - [Fixed by software update]
PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2015 10:23 am 
Extreme Off Roader

Car:: X-Trail T32
Model: 1.6dCi Tekna 2WD Manual 5 Seat
Year/Plate: 14/64
Colour: Gun Metallic
Mods: Detachable Towbar
After 2 weeks without a recurrence I can pretty confidently say that the audio muting problem has been fixed by the Connect software update to D302.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2020 7:56 pm 

I appreciate this is an old thread, but did the software update fix things? My 2016 xtrail radio has started the exact same behaviour. Yesterday it was every minute the sound would cut out for precisely 30 seconds. No rhyme or reason to when it happens, or how frequently, but it’s so annoying I’ve taken to having headphones with me, which seems very daft! Any tips? And can the software update be done without vast expense at a Nissan garage?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2020 10:38 am 

tricky01 wrote:
I appreciate this is an old thread, but did the software update fix things? My 2016 xtrail radio has started the exact same behaviour. Yesterday it was every minute the sound would cut out for precisely 30 seconds. No rhyme or reason to when it happens, or how frequently, but it’s so annoying I’ve taken to having headphones with me, which seems very daft! Any tips? And can the software update be done without vast expense at a Nissan garage?

After some more searching it seems this is all fixed by a firmware update. My radio is still on version D302, whilst the latest D605 apparently fixes this. For anyone else having the problem, it seems if you explain the problem to any Nissan dealer, they will install the update for free and it takes 1-2 hours.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2020 5:18 pm 
Off Roader

Car:: X-trail T32
Model: 1.6 DCi Tekna 4WD
Year/Plate: Sep 14
Colour: Black
Mods: Tow bar
tricky01 wrote:
tricky01 wrote:

After some more searching it seems this is all fixed by a firmware update. My radio is still on version D302, whilst the latest D605 apparently fixes this. For anyone else having the problem, it seems if you explain the problem to any Nissan dealer, they will install the update for free and it takes 1-2 hours.

You can do this yourself, if you want. Details can be found on the Qashqai forum.

Rik.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2020 6:27 pm 
Off Roader

TrickyRik wrote:
tricky01 wrote:
tricky01 wrote:

You can do this yourself, if you want. Details can be found on the Qashqai forum.

Rik.

Could you not post a link to make it easier?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2020 12:20 pm 
Off Roader

randomusername wrote:
TrickyRik wrote:
tricky01 wrote:
tricky01 wrote:

Rik.

Posted from my phone - sorry the service wasn't to your liking.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2020 12:25 pm 
Off Roader

TrickyRik wrote:
randomusername wrote:
TrickyRik wrote:
tricky01 wrote:
tricky01 wrote:

Rik.

Posted from my phone - sorry the service wasn't to your liking.

Where can I get a refund? :P

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2020 12:44 pm 
Off Roader

https://www.qashqaiforums.co.uk/viewtop ... =20#p53594

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2020 12:50 pm 
Off Roader

Thanks. So is D502 still the latest for the T32 do you know?