Switch to full site
Post a reply

Re: 1.6 DCI X TRAIL TURBO

Tue May 26, 2020 2:17 pm

The water cooling of newer turbos is supposed to overcome this. How many run their engine up to temperature before driving off. How many use premium lubricants and filtration. We all know we should, but how many do?

Tue May 26, 2020 2:21 pm

My 96y Primera 2.0TD had a watercooled turbo and in the owners manual were suggested to let it spool and cool down a monent before turning the engine off.

Tue May 26, 2020 11:59 pm

Thankyou all for showing an interest in this post. I'm happy to report that following a call from Bristol Street Nissan, Derby, Nissan GB have agreed to cover the full cost of the Turbo replacement. Excellent work from the Dealership and Nissan, revived my faith in them.

Wed May 27, 2020 10:37 am

russp66 wrote:Thankyou all for showing an interest in this post. I'm happy to report that following a call from Bristol Street Nissan, Derby, Nissan GB have agreed to cover the full cost of the Turbo replacement. Excellent work from the Dealership and Nissan, revived my faith in them.

Brilliant news. What mileage is yours and how long out of warranty?
How much of a case did you have to put forward to get this outcome?

Fri May 29, 2020 11:15 am

26500, 5 months out of warranty. Didn't have to argue about the issue, they offered parts cover first and then dealership asked them to cover all costs as a goodwill gesture and they agreed.

Sun Oct 04, 2020 5:00 pm

leafy wrote:Do any of you let the engine idle for 10 seconds before switching off

Yes most of the time longer.
Post a reply