It is currently Sun Mar 07, 2021 10:35 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]






Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Key fob failure
PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2020 3:08 pm 
Offline
Xtrail Nut

Joined: Mon Nov 17, 2014 2:46 pm
Posts: 1206
Location: Scarborough
Car:: X-trail 2.2
Model: Diesel DCi T-Spec
Year/Plate: 2005
Colour: Silver
My key fob will lock the car,but fob will will not open it.Tried opening by door lock but the alarm went off .Really stuck now.Any help will be helpfull.Regards Barry


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
X-Trail-UK.co.uk
Advertisement
 Post subject: Re: Key fob failure
PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2020 3:16 pm 
Offline
Xtrail Nut

Joined: Mon Nov 17, 2014 2:46 pm
Posts: 1206
Location: Scarborough
Car:: X-trail 2.2
Model: Diesel DCi T-Spec
Year/Plate: 2005
Colour: Silver
rufusbarry wrote:
My key fob will lock the car,but fob will will not open it.Tried opening by door lock but the alarm went off .Really stuck now.Any help will be helpfull.Regards Barry
PS.if i open the door by the key and not the fob .how can i stop the alarm.Baz


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
 Post subject: Re: Key fob failure
PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2020 5:09 pm 
Offline
Xtrail Nut

Joined: Wed Aug 29, 2018 2:16 pm
Posts: 602
Car:: Xtrail
Model: 2.2 DCi Columbia
Year/Plate: 2006 '06
Colour: Silver
Mods: LED Sidelight bulbs!
See attached


You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
 Post subject: Re: Key fob failure
PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2020 7:14 pm 
Offline
Xtrail Nut

Joined: Mon Nov 17, 2014 2:46 pm
Posts: 1206
Location: Scarborough
Car:: X-trail 2.2
Model: Diesel DCi T-Spec
Year/Plate: 2005
Colour: Silver
Colster wrote:
See attached

Hiya Col.Thank you so much for the info.This will be so helpfull.Locksmith coming tomorrow.Stay safe Regards Barry


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
 Post subject: Re: Key fob failure
PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2020 11:37 pm 
Offline
Xtrail Nut

Joined: Mon Nov 17, 2014 2:46 pm
Posts: 1206
Location: Scarborough
Car:: X-trail 2.2
Model: Diesel DCi T-Spec
Year/Plate: 2005
Colour: Silver
rufusbarry wrote:
Colster wrote:
See attached

Hiya Col.Thank you so much for the info.This will be so helpfull.Locksmith coming tomorrow.Stay safe Regards Barry
Hey Col.After the alarm has stopped ,can i then open and lock the car with the key ,,hopefully not setting the alarm off again.Regards Barry


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
 Post subject: Re: Key fob failure
PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2020 9:20 am 
Offline
Extreme Off Roader

Joined: Sun Mar 06, 2016 9:08 pm
Posts: 494
Location: Swindon ,Wiltshire
Car:: Xtrail
Model: T31 Adventurer 2.0dci
Year/Plate: 08
Colour: Iridium Graphite
Mods: Safari lights
One morning Barry I was having trouble with my remote, it just wouldn't open my Xtrail .I knew if I tried to open with the key in the door the alarm would go off.What I did was open the door with the key with alarm going off :lol: , then once inside I stuck key in ignition and started car up and alarm stopped .Then turned off got back out car and locked door with key.The alarm should be de-activated after this and just use key in door for a while until you sort your remote.
I have since then re-programmed my keyfob which now works.There is a post on here somewhere on how to do it but you have to get the timing just right .It took me a few attempts.

The little micro switches can wear out in the remote over the years so that could be your problem if one button works and not the other .


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
 Post subject: Re: Key fob failure
PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2020 10:53 am 
Offline
Xtrail Nut

Joined: Mon Nov 17, 2014 2:46 pm
Posts: 1206
Location: Scarborough
Car:: X-trail 2.2
Model: Diesel DCi T-Spec
Year/Plate: 2005
Colour: Silver
leafy wrote:
One morning Barry I was having trouble with my remote, it just wouldn't open my Xtrail .I knew if I tried to open with the key in the door the alarm would go off.What I did was open the door with the key with alarm going off :lol: , then once inside I stuck key in ignition and started car up and alarm stopped .Then turned off got back out car and locked door with key.The alarm should be de-activated after this and just use key in door for a while until you sort your remote.
I have since then re-programmed my keyfob which now works.There is a post on here somewhere on how to do it but you have to get the timing just right .It took me a few attempts.

The little micro switches can wear out in the remote over the years so that could be your problem if one button works and not the other .
Hey Col Thank you once again foe all that info.Gadgy trying to fix fob as i had two new micro switches.He said failing that he would knock the siren off until we got it all sorted.Any idea where the sire is Col.Stay Safe and thank you once again.I would be lost without your kind help and time.Regards Baz


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
 Post subject: Re: Key fob failure
PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2020 12:03 pm 
Offline
Xtrail Nut

Joined: Wed Aug 29, 2018 2:16 pm
Posts: 602
Car:: Xtrail
Model: 2.2 DCi Columbia
Year/Plate: 2006 '06
Colour: Silver
Mods: LED Sidelight bulbs!
I'll pass the high five on to Leafy who added that update.

Barry, there is no need to remove the siren. Just use the key in the door to lock and unlock and alarm will not arm.

The siren is somewhere above the steering column, but not sure where exactly.


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
 Post subject: Re: Key fob failure
PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2020 12:55 pm 
Offline
Xtrail Nut

Joined: Mon Nov 17, 2014 2:46 pm
Posts: 1206
Location: Scarborough
Car:: X-trail 2.2
Model: Diesel DCi T-Spec
Year/Plate: 2005
Colour: Silver
Colster wrote:
I'll pass the high five on to Leafy who added that update.

Barry, there is no need to remove the siren. Just use the key in the door to lock and unlock and alarm will not arm.

The siren is somewhere above the steering column, but not sure where exactly.
Hey Col Thank you once again for the advise.If you are ever in Scarborough you must call in.Stay Safe Baz


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
 Post subject: Re: Key fob failure
PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2020 2:01 pm 
Offline
Extreme Off Roader

Joined: Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:54 pm
Posts: 313
Location: East Hertfordshire
Car:: Xtrail
Model: Aventura Explorer diesel auto.
Year/Plate: 2008
Colour: Blue
Does this thread mean you are driving again then Barry? I hope so.
Keep well, Colin.


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group