Nissan X-Trail Forum banner

Rear exhaust box removal

16K views 21 replies 11 participants last post by  Colster 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
The flange that holds the middle and rear box together broke about 10 months ago (14,000 miles) and I was driving without the rear box attached. So I thought as it doesn't appear to to anything I would replace it with a straight through pipe.
20170708_150848.jpg

I simply cut off what remained of the broken flange on the middle section and slid the new pipe over the old, fixing in place with a 63mm exhaust clamp.
20170708_151003.jpg

When I've got a bit more time I'm going to remake the exhaust into twin pipes, one on each side of the car. I only made this a single this time to get through this weeks MOT.(hopefully!)

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Hi

I bought one just like yours off Bertye and fitted it a couple of months ago. Since fitting it, the Xy runs a lot smoother, accelerates better and definitely has increased MPG by 3MPG. I am now getting an average of 35MPG around the doors. I have measured this over the last 3 full tanks.

Cheers
Mike

Attachments

#6 ·
If you do a bit of soft roading or get on farm tracks now and again these tail pipe sections are great from Bertye.That back box was a god damn awful design for the Xtrail as don't know how many times I have bumped mine in the year.These replacement pipes won't make the Xtrail sound any different either noise wise and will give you better access under the rear end for any cleaning or rust treatment.

#10 ·
johnnybbad said:
bertye said:
1st batch all gone. I have made some more over the bank holiday due to having a few requests and 2 of them have already been allocated. PM me with post code.

Bertye
I know its an old thread but do you still do the pipes ?
Afraid Bertye has stopped doing these for the time being .Shame as I could do with one for another Xtrail.

#11 ·
leafy said:
johnnybbad said:
bertye said:
1st batch all gone. I have made some more over the bank holiday due to having a few requests and 2 of them have already been allocated. PM me with post code.

Bertye
I know its an old thread but do you still do the pipes ?
Afraid Bertye has stopped doing these for the time being .Shame as I could do with one for another Xtrail.
Ahh no problem, thanks for letting me know

#19 ·
It is the same as above. I also have the flange stub so you don't need to butcher your back box. I paid £50 for it including postage, so I would like the same back for it. I don't have any pictures as it wasn't for sale until you asked. I'll dig it out from my mancave and take some pictures tomorrow.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.