All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Chips and keys - Which one ? Remote programming
PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 8:17 pm 
Extreme Off Roader

Car:: X-Trail :)
Model: SVE - YD 2.2 ETi Series I MT.F6
Year/Plate: 2003
Colour: Muddy when possible
Mods: Geolander AT/S - RUD Chains - TBar - Sump Guard - Whispbar Roof Bars - EGR Headlight Guards - Bonnet Guard - Pioneer - CB - CGP - Recovery Kit .....
My Xtrail starts fine, but the remote is not working. It has a white chip in the key head. I have been looking at replacements, and got one, however it has a blue chip. On further reading it appears UK spec keys have a blue chip is this correct ?

Profile Send private message  

X-Trail-UK.co.uk
Advertisement
 Post subject: Re: Chips and keys - Which one ? Remote programming
PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 9:08 pm 
Site Admin

Car:: Xtrail
Model: 2.2 Di Sport(T30 - YD22ETI) Trans MT.F6
Year/Plate: Dec 51
Colour: Red AX6
snowyfox wrote:
My Xtrail starts fine, but the remote is not working. It has a white chip in the key head. I have been looking at replacements, and got one, however it has a blue chip. On further reading it appears UK spec keys have a blue chip is this correct ?
Why have you had to change the key transponder ?.................... The transponder is blue for Nissan NATS 5 system.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 9:34 pm 
Extreme Off Roader

Mods: Geolander AT/S - RUD Chains - TBar - Sump Guard - Whispbar Roof Bars - EGR Headlight Guards - Bonnet Guard - Pioneer - CB - CGP - Recovery Kit .....
I did not change the transponder, sorry, I got another key for our 2003 2.2 Di SVE.

My key that came with the vehicle has a white transponder. The car starts, but no central locking, etc. The button on my key knackered, hence got another key.

The replacement has a blank blade, blue transponder and working buttons. I figured swop the key section (blade) and base with the working buttons. No does not want to know. Thought may be it should have the blue transponder, or will that not work ? It's driving me nuts. All I want to do, is have a key that works and I can use the central locking. Then may be I can get a spare :confused:

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 10:00 pm 
Site Admin

The new transponder has to be programmed from your old key, you need to take both keys to Nissan to have it cut and programmed. There are some mobile locksmiths that can do it if they've got the right machine far cheaper than Nissan.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 10:19 pm 
Extreme Off Roader

So it does not matter if new key has blue transponder as long as programmed ?

I will stick a new battery in the central locking bit, and try and get the orginal key to work with the new central locking part. I will just have to keep going through the links in my first post till I find one that works, unless you have got an ideas :smile:

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 12:55 am 
Site Admin

snowyfox wrote:
So it does not matter if new key has blue transponder as long as programmed ?

I will stick a new battery in the central locking bit, and try and get the orginal key to work with the new central locking part. I will just have to keep going through the links in my first post till I find one that works, unless you have got an ideas :smile:
I'd forget trying to match up the key with the blue transponder it's not going to work. The key that came with your XT will most likely be the same as mine and in the link I'm going to give you, what you need to do if you only have one key is pick a time when your not going to need the XT and have the key fob repaired by sending the fob part only and hold onto your key blade transponder in a safe place where you won't forget.

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=3954&p=17529#p17529

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 8:49 pm 
Extreme Off Roader

I eventullay found a key with a white transponder on EBay, well it arrived yesterday. The key transponder did not seem to be sitting properly so gently prise out from base, ***** ell, it's been painted :bigcry: It is a red transponder, seller is being contacted :headbang:

I went to Timpson today, they quoted a chipped key, cut for £50. Does not have door entry button it though, but usefull as a spare and half the price Nissan quoted. It will do for now.

Just got to get the central locking on the buttons on orginal key to work now :)

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 9:19 am 
Site Admin

Naughty, naughty, painting transponders white so you can sell it, red transponder is USA models I think and won't code. :starwars:

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 12:26 am 
Extreme Off Roader

I have got no further with sourceing a spare key, however Umbongo :bow: came up trumps again as I found this post regarding getting the button to work, and it works. :cool:

https://www.x-trail-uk.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=3685

Still trying to get a white chip, ect. I have the blank key and buttons, so no need to find somewhere that does the correct chip and programming. Is there anyone who does this ?

Timpson key did not work properly, it would start the car, but not open the door, after several tries gave up, and got my money back. Have found some else who can provide the spare with out buttons, localish, so I can get the car there to check it. More on this when I get one cut.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 1:11 am 
Site Admin

snowyfox wrote:
I have got no further with sourceing a spare key, however Umbongo came up trumps again as I found this post regarding getting the button to work, and it works. :cool:

https://www.x-trail-uk.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=3685

Still trying to get a white chip, ect. I have the blank key and buttons, so no need to find somewhere that does the correct chip and programming. Is there anyone who does this ?

Timpson key did not work properly, it would start the car, but not open the door, after several tries gave up, and got my money back. Have found some else who can provide the spare with out buttons, localish, so I can get the car there to check it. More on this when I get one cut.
Hi snowyfox, you could try the link below for your transponder :thumbs:
http://www.hickleys.com/diagnostics/keys_menu.php