Nissan X-Trail Forum banner

Recommended brake disc minimum thickness

8K views 12 replies 6 participants last post by  BigAde 
#1 ·
Hi All,
Hopefully a quick question... I noticed recently that my rear discs were looking on the thin side.
Before I whip the wheel off and I dig out my micrometer, does anyone know what the minimum disc thickness is on the T30?

#7 ·
Finally got around to whipping the wheel off. With the backplate where it is, it's a right pain to find a place to put the micrometer on. But measures 16mm, so looks like that's good. Discs seem scored though - see pic. Thinking I'll just change the pads (which are low), or with the scoring (can be felt with a fingernail) would it be better to change the discs at the same time? Don't like spending money when I don't have to, but will do where safety is concerned.

Attachments

#13 ·
Colster said:
The rear brakes don't do that much work. Make sure caliper pistons aren't seized. Clean or replace slide pins. I wouldn't change pads without discs (false economy). Is there a bit of life left on the pads? If you have to change pads, change the discs as well.
Thanks Colster. Think you're right... will buy some new discs at the same time. £55 isn't going to break the bank.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.