Switch to full site
Got a problem with your X-Trail. Something bugging you? Post it here and seek advice from fellow owners.
Post a reply

Abs and 4wd light on

Fri Sep 25, 2020 10:16 pm

Hi all I have developed a problem my Abs and 4wd light come on intermittently and then goes off when I turn the ignition off and on then then comes on about 10 to 15 mins in to a drive there is a noise that has developed with it thinking it may be the pump any advice would be appreciated

Re: Abs and 4wd light on

Fri Sep 25, 2020 11:11 pm

The noise is probably the ABS activating due to a faulty wheel speed sensor and/or corroded reluctor wheel.

Fri Sep 25, 2020 11:26 pm

Thanks for the reply Is there anyway to check the abs sensors?

Fri Sep 25, 2020 11:32 pm

Only with a fault reader that supports Nissan. Many independants have these, no need to visit dealer.

Sat Sep 26, 2020 7:24 am

Thank you I will try get it scanned

Sun Sep 27, 2020 8:52 pm

Think mine is a foxwell and it works on the abs for the X-trail when I have had problems before

Mon Sep 28, 2020 1:05 pm

https://www.x-trail-uk.co.uk/viewtopic. ... &hilit=abs

Worth checking

Mon Oct 05, 2020 8:30 pm

Thanks everyone I have checked all sensors and seem to be getting a reading on the multimeter for all of them the next step I am thinking is the abs control unit as in picture but I have heard it will need coding in to the truck..... So will it actually need to be coded? And will it need to go back to nissan or will a smaller local garage be able to do this? Any help appreciated guys
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Post a reply