Nissan X-Trail Forum banner

Heater output temperature not varying with controller

1K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Pev 
#1 ·
I have an issue with the heater output in that the temp will not vary when attempting to adjust the temp with the heater controller.
If I turn the controller anticlockwise then it will discharge cold air and if I then move it clockwise to any position it will discharge hot air but will not blend the air.
My thoughts are that the fact that the discharge air goes from hot to cold would indicate the air mix flap motor is working and that it is possibly a faulty heater controller (which I presume is a rheostat or potentiometer) or the auto amp that controls the Air mix flap motor. From a diagram I have seen on the web there are several sensors that also affect the discharge temp.
Has anyone had this issue before?
Is the Auto amp located on the actual heater itself or just behind the heater controls?
Thanks for any help

#3 ·
Thanks for your reply. Yes I have now found that out. I will remove the fascia and try to test it tomorrow. If it is the auto amp then I see there are a few used units on Ebay but would prefer to get a new one if I can but without going via Nissan who would no doubt be very expensive.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.