Nissan X-Trail Forum banner

Finding resistor behind glove box

10K views 19 replies 4 participants last post by  Colster 
#1 ·
Hello.Can anyone please tell me where to find the blower resistor.and what it looks like .I have had the glove box off//snapped one of the lugs/ and could not see where the resistor might be.Can someone please tell me what it looks like in situ. and where it sits behind the glove box.Had to take out blower connection to stop the blower as it was stuck on full.I hope you are all well Best Wishes Barry

#9 ·
#10 ·
Also compare the 2 pictures, as the screw positions differ between them. If screws are at either end, you will need the 3 wire resistor. I expect this will be the one fitted. If your fan switch says OFF AUTO and then is a rotary switch, you will need the 3 terminal. If your switch has 4 positive manual speed selections you will need the four terminal resistor. I have never seen the latter on an exy.

#11 ·
Colster said:
Also compare the 2 pictures, as the screw positions differ between them. If screws are at either end, you will need the 3 wire resistor. I expect this will be the one fitted. If your fan switch says OFF AUTO and then is a rotary switch, you will need the 3 terminal. If your switch has 4 positive manual speed selections you will need the four terminal resistor. I have never seen the latter on an exy.
Hello Col.Thank you once again for your help.The dash has three rotary switches and AUTO LOCK.It looks as if i will need the three pin resistor.Appreciate your help Regards Barry

#13 ·
rufusbarry said:
Colster said:
Hello Col.Thank you once again for your help.The dash has three rotary switches and AUTO LOCK.It looks as if i will need the three pin resistor.Appreciate your help Regards Barry
Thanks for all the info Colin Can tou please tell me where the cable to the resistor might be. Barry

#14 ·
If you look up behind the glove box (no need to remove it) you will see white plastic this is the fan motor housing, moving towards the centre of the car (basically behind the centre console) you will see black plastic this is the heater unit, were the white meets the black there are two white plastic "fingers " pointing downwards, the fan controller is immediately behind them , there is a three way connector going into it, a heavy red, a heavy black and a light blue/yellow, there are two screws holding the controller in place they are pointing straight down towards the carpet, remove them and the fan controller will fall/pull out

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.