It is currently Mon Mar 01, 2021 11:26 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: wash seat covers
PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 8:50 pm 

do the fabric seat covers come off as they have zips on them and i would like to clean them.

Profile Send private message  

X-Trail-UK.co.uk
Advertisement
 Post subject: Re: wash seat covers
PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 8:17 am 

I'd also like to know this before i try to get them off and either can't get them back on or set the side bags off lol

Post subject: wash seat covers
PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 12:46 pm 

I'd also be interested in removing the seat covers to wash them. I'm about to have a crack with a wet/dry Vax and am not optimistic the results will be consistent.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 1:57 pm 
Soft Roader

Car:: Xtrail
Model: 2.2 DCI SVE
Year/Plate: 04
Colour: BLACK
Mods: -
even if they did come off i wouldn't recommend washing them. they are a very snugf fit as it is. you only need to shrink them a tiny bit and would struggle to put them back on.

if you do decide to do it put/stretch them back on when slightly damp

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 2:01 pm 
Soft Roader

i wouldnt,having worked in dealers for the last 13 years and having stripped plenty of seats its about the worst job on any car pay for a profesional valet

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 9:53 am 
Soft Roader

Model: Di Sport
Year/Plate: 2003/53
Colour: Black
Mods: PCV catch tank, EGR delete, Decat, F+R park assist, Reverse cam, DVD/satnav, Custom Underseat Subs, 4300k BiXenons, Components, 2x hidden amps, Lots of Dynamat, LED sidelights & numberplate lights, Almera gearknob, Window tints
The zips only let the covers come off so far, there are sewn in metal rods just inside the bolster that are a pig to remove and refit. the base cover is also held on with hog rings and not really a diy job. Get a wet vac from b&q for £30, a numatic george fishtail off ebay for a couple of quid then remove the seats from the car, its only 4 bolts each side. Taking the seats out lets you deep clean all the nooks and crannies of the carpet. The whole interior comes out an x-trail in under half an hour. remember to disconnect the battery before unplugging the seat airbags.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

My Photo Gallery
PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2011 3:33 pm 
Extreme Off Roader

Car:: X trail
Model: se
Year/Plate: 2006
Mods: kenwood kvt-526, 4 ch amp kac-x4d, 2 ch amp kac-x1d, 1.2f power cap, pioneer speakers due to change soon ,thinking about HIDs, blue dash speedo, internal 240v heating for overnight to keep frost away, whatever budget allows
HALF AN HOUR to get it stripped as in the photo OMG you must be going at a fair pace

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 12:08 am 
Soft Roader

Model: Di Sport
Year/Plate: 2003/53
Mods: PCV catch tank, EGR delete, Decat, F+R park assist, Reverse cam, DVD/satnav, Custom Underseat Subs, 4300k BiXenons, Components, 2x hidden amps, Lots of Dynamat, LED sidelights & numberplate lights, Almera gearknob, Window tints
To get to that stage you only need to undo 12 bolts, about 10-12 screws, release a load of easy to pop off trim clips and some easily accessible wiring connectors. Piece of cake with an li-ion impact driver. It's a dream to work on, I forgot how easy jap motors are to take apart and rebuild. Not one broken trim clip either unlike trying to do even a minor job on a bmw or merc, the only other japanese car I've owned was my first car, a Y reg datsun stanza. The only downer was the lack of sound deadening on the panels and sound insulation in the doorcards, I used a load of dynamat and felt on the floorpan, in the doors and tailgate and the car is much quieter on the road now, and the doors have a nicer feel when you close them.

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 9:34 pm 

Do you have any pics of the sound deadening you put in and where