Advertisement
 Post subject: Re: Lean mean towing machine
PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2020 10:09 am 
Extreme Off Roader

Car:: Xtrail
Model: Columbia DCi
Year/Plate: 06
Colour: Black
Mods: Pedders Suspension Lift,Bertye straight pipe back box replacement, Bridgestone Duelers on 16" wheels
Won't be the first or last time you will scrape the skin on your hands :biggrin:You did a good job on that .

It's a sod getting the nut off the ball joint so I used a good bit of heat on mine and managed to get it moving ,there is no real room to get a ring spanner on it but with heat and an open ended it soon moved.How did you get on with yours ? .I had to use a chisel on my daughters ball joint to get the nut off but worked surprisingly well .I tend to replace drop links as well, so that I can just cut them off .One thing I will add though is use silicone grease on the slider pins or slider pin grease .I found the copper grease hardens after a while and restricts movement of pin.

Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Re: Lean mean towing machine
PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2020 10:51 pm 
Soft Roader

Car:: Xtrail
Model: Nissan X-trail 2.2 DCI 2005 blue metallic
Year/Plate: 2005
Colour: Blue
Mods: N/A
leafy wrote:
Won't be the first or last time you will scrape the skin on your hands :biggrin:You did a good job on that .

It's a sod getting the nut off the ball joint so I used a good bit of heat on mine and managed to get it moving ,there is no real room to get a ring spanner on it but with heat and an open ended it soon moved.How did you get on with yours ? .I had to use a chisel on my daughters ball joint to get the nut off but worked surprisingly well .I tend to replace drop links as well, so that I can just cut them off .One thing I will add though is use silicone grease on the slider pins or slider pin grease .I found the copper grease hardens after a while and restricts movement of pin.

Yeah your right there! I used a hammer and chisel too come off alright my nut was that rusty it just rounded off with a spanner. Yeah the drop links will just get cut straight off as well. Ahhhh honestly I've used copper slip on them ill see how they get on. Tracking is a mile off now :roll:

Profile Send private message