It is currently Sun Jun 20, 2021 1:30 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 72 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
 Post subject: Re: X-trail from Estonia Vol.2 T31 2012 2.0Dci auto LE
PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2021 4:42 pm 
Xtrail Nut

Car:: Xtrail
Model: T31 2.0dci auto, LE
Year/Plate: 2012
Colour: Grey
Mods: Towbar, ptc heater fix, probright drl system, Eberspächer aux FBH with GSM remote.
Was busy
Attachment:
IMG_20210507_124830.jpg

Attachment:
IMG_20210507_124837.jpg

Attachment:
IMG_20210507_124848.jpg

It is the W-light wave 500. And i ordered 3mm stainless number plate bracket. The 2mm steel bracket is more common and more suited for smaller lights.

Installing was a challenge, because I wanted attatch the bracket to the bumber bar, because hanging like 1,5 kg on to plastic and foam does not sound secure.

The problem is that the distance from the bumper to the steel bar is 130 mm, so no way to tap a thread without take the bumper and the foam cushion off.
Went to hardware store to look what can i use. Steel self taping screws ended at 125mm.
Only option for me was for me to use 6x160mm wood srews.
In my store I had a long 4,5 mm long drill and i used it to drill pre holes for screws. It is now very secure, no wobles what so ever. Just took time to get the right tension, because 1 turn too much pulled the bumper too much in. Had the ruler out all the time.

The lights usually do not come with a wiring, so i bought it separetly too.
https://images.app.goo.gl/cyeStixD64sWZQF1A
And a male and female water proof connectors to connect the light to the harness nea the bumper.
https://images.app.goo.gl/CvyHHTmhfXBp9YAL6

Used a steel wire to pull the switch side harness thu the firewall.
The law says that the aux beam lights can work only with the high beams and there has to be a way to turn it on and off separetly.
Usually, they splice the switch wire to the head lamp wire, but the x-trail has the safarl lights relay in the inside fusebox near the drivers knee. The safari lights allso work, when the high beams are on.
I spliced the switch harness and cripmed a male connector and inserted it in the relay signal slot. Used a voltmeter to detect it.
Pics from the night test soon

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Profile Send private message  

X-Trail-UK.co.uk
Advertisement
 Post subject: Re: X-trail from Estonia Vol.2 T31 2012 2.0Dci auto LE
PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2021 8:31 am 
Xtrail Nut

Car:: Xtrail
Model: T31 2.0dci auto, LE
Year/Plate: 2012
Colour: Grey
Mods: Towbar, ptc heater fix, probright drl system, Eberspächer aux FBH with GSM remote.
Low beam
Attachment:
IMG_20210510_225633.jpg

High beams with Ring 130% xenon max
Attachment:
IMG_20210510_225642.jpg

Full POWER
Attachment:
IMG_20210510_225654.jpg

There is some eye adjusting time when there is soo much light and then not, but I am happy with the result right now

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Profile Send private message  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 72 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8