All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Suffolk X-T
PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 10:21 pm 
Xtrail Nut

Car:: X-trail
Model: 2.2 dCi Sport
Year/Plate: Sept 05
Colour: Zinc
Mods: Dog Guard, LED Side and Interior Lights - New Turbo, New Intercooler, New Fuel Transport Pump, New Clutch and Flywheel, 4 New Brake Calipers, New Sump Pan, New ARB Bushes, New Drop Links - Tells you all you need to know about the X-Trail
Cheers matey :thumbs:

Andy... :smile:

Profile Send private message  

X-Trail-UK.co.uk
Advertisement
My Photo Gallery
PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 12:23 pm 
Extreme Off Roader

Car:: Xtrail
Model: 2.2 Dci Columbia
Year/Plate: 56
Mods: dual electrics tow bar, front/rear wind deflectors,bonnet & Headlamp guards,OSRAM nightbreakers,LED side, puddle & interior lights,K&N filter,steel skid plate,Pedders lift kit, TT Hybrid Turbo,12v relay kit,110ah Leisure battery,300w inverter.
Springs fitted. I didnt need the camber bolts that Pedders supplied. They were a slightly different size to the holes so I took it into the garage after i'd finished the fitting and had the camber and tracking checked. Both were spot on :thumbs:

The front has gone from 645mm (bottom of rim to wheel arch) to 715mm and the rear from 655mm to 725mm.
So a good 70mm clearance gain all round. :thumbs:

So far i've not noticed any difference in ride or handling but ive only done a few local journeys.
All in all i'm very pleased. :biggrin:

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 5:39 pm 
Xtrail Nut

Car:: X-trail
Model: 2.2 dCi Sport
Year/Plate: Sept 05
Mods: Dog Guard, LED Side and Interior Lights - New Turbo, New Intercooler, New Fuel Transport Pump, New Clutch and Flywheel, 4 New Brake Calipers, New Sump Pan, New ARB Bushes, New Drop Links - Tells you all you need to know about the X-Trail
I wasn't expecting an extra 70mm :shock: that is quite a gain in ride height, Rusty :thumbs:

The Xy should be able to cope with most things you throw at it now :biggrin:

Andy... :smile:

My Photo Gallery
PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 6:43 pm 
Extreme Off Roader

Mods: dual electrics tow bar, front/rear wind deflectors,bonnet & Headlamp guards,OSRAM nightbreakers,LED side, puddle & interior lights,K&N filter,steel skid plate,Pedders lift kit, TT Hybrid Turbo,12v relay kit,110ah Leisure battery,300w inverter.
I wasn't expecting it either but then as the vehicle was still on its original springs there would have been a certain amount of height loss over the years anyway. No spring retains its original tension and height for 7 years. So even if i'd replaced them with standard springs i would probably have got a small gain in ground clearance.

As i said though im very pleased with the outcome. Looking at the joints etc underneath i recon i could probably get another 30-40mm before i'd need to start changing anything else. So there's plenty of room to play. :thumbs:

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 6:53 pm 
Xtrail Nut

Model: Aventura 2.2 Dci
Year/Plate: 2006
Colour: Urban Mist KX21
Mods: Fully loaded. Leather, xenons, tints, heated seats, power folding mirrors, ESP. Also with dealer options. Safari pack, side steps, rear parking sensors, Westfalia detachable towbar, boot mat. Travall dog guard. Mods so far.. interior LED lighting.
Thats great :thumbs: 70mm.

Those tyres look good also.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2013 2:39 pm 
Soft Roader

Model: T31 2.0dci 150 bhp
Year/Plate: 2008
Colour: Blue
Rusty

I need to replace 3 broken springs and have been looking at the makes available on ebay. I have a 2001 2.2 Di which seems to be hard to match. Had a look at Pedders who are selling raised springs for £50 each. Is it possible to do a straight swap or do I need the whole kit at £500.

Mark

My Photo Gallery
PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2013 9:50 pm 
Extreme Off Roader

I'd give them a ring to make sure but I had the springs on first for about 3 months before i could afford the shocks to go with them. You don't need to replace the shocks. The springs will give you the extra height . The shocks are purely for damping purposes. Make sure you chose the right springs as they do standard sized replacements as well as those with extra clearance.

*edit*

Little update for you all. Just received my turbo technics hybrid turbo via courier today. I will be fitting this in the new year. Now i need to save up for a welded intercooler. No hurry though as my crimped on isnt leaking :thumbs: