It is currently Wed Feb 24, 2021 7:03 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Bought My first X-trail
PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 10:51 pm 

I convinced the wife (Elaine) of the X-Tail's merits and in the best traditions of striking while the iron was hot (before she could come up with another objection) bought a nice, clean, 03 model a couple of days ago. Got a bit off the asking price trading in my old beast. They're saving me the hassle of scrapping it.
Here's the garage's particulars:
http://www.daventryusedcars.co.uk/used- ... re-1218446
I'll post some 'real' photo's when I get the car home.

The car is in amazing condition - not a mark on it inside. Not a rip, nick or scuff anywhere - and no obvious rust! Elaine's already bought a waterproof boot liner for it and is looking for seat covers and floor mats (anyone would think it'll get messed up!) All she found was 3 tiny marks (not chips) outside. It had a full service and is MOT'd til mid-July '18. I don't know a lot about engines, but it's a lot more responsive than my old wagon, even though it's a 2.2L diesel and the Shogun's a 3.00L petrol. Having 6 gears to play with helps! I'm looking forward to getting a towbar fitted and trying her out towing. Our Caravan is very light so I can't see any problems. Importantly, the boot will take Elaine's mobility scooter with room to spare.

Because it's an older model we've bought it cash without selling a kidney which also pleased Elaine.

I've read a lot of stuff here (it's a mine of information) and was happy with what I read, so decided to give one a try..

We're picking it up on Monday 25th September 'cos we've got a break booked away with the caravan that weekend and using my old car means I can get a towbar fitted to the replacement over the winter...

Thanks for reading
Chris

Profile Send private message  

X-Trail-UK.co.uk
Advertisement
 Post subject: Re: Bought My first X-trail
PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 12:20 am 
Xtrail Nut

Car:: Xtrail
Model: SPORT X 2.2DI with SAFARI LIGHTS
Year/Plate: 2003/53
Colour: ARUBA BLUE BW06
Mods: LED Internal and Number Plate lights. Double Din Parrot Audioline Stereo. Nightbreaker Headlight Bulbs. Rubber Boot Liner. Home Made Roof Rack for Safiri Roof Rails. Fire extinguisher. First Aid Kit. 12V tyre pump inflator.
Hi Chris

Welcome to the family, it looks in mint condition for its age, I have a 53 plate same model and absolutely love it.

If you ever need any info or help there are plenty of members with fantastic knowledge and know how, all you need to do is ask.

Cheers
Mike

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:52 pm 
Xtrail Nut

Car:: Xtrail
Model: T31 Diesel Aventura
Year/Plate: 2008
Colour: Black
Mods: Reversing sensors, Intercooler grille, Black gear stick, LED lights, DRLs, Black alloys, Headrest DVD, Oil Catch Can, Dashcam
Hi Chris - warmest welcome! Nice to have you with us.

Cheers

Bloggsy

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 3:07 pm 

Thanks Guys.

The wife and I are really looking forward to picking up the car... We just hope the bits we couldn't see are in the same great shape as the bits we could, but at the end of the day all you can do (if you don't know much about the mechanics side of things) is give the car itself a good test drive and look-over, check any paperwork, make sure it got a recent MOT, pay and pray!

It'll probably p*ss it down the day we collect it (based on current weather) but I'll get some home-made photos as soon as I can, hopefully before Elaine gets her seat covers, floor mats, boot liner and God-Knows-What put in (by one of the kids). In fairness, they'll help keep the cabin areas clean.

As I said, you do what you can, but at the end of the day it's a case of 'you pays your money...'

Fingers crossed eh?
Best wishes
Chris