Post subject: My first X-Trail
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 2:42 pm 
Soft Roader

Car:: Xtrail
Model: Aventura
Year/Plate: 2008
Colour: Grey
Mods: None yet!
We bought our T31 in February last year, not only my first x-trail but my first Nissan ever! It's got a pretty good spec level to start with so not a great deal to do to it really in that respect.
First job was replace the broken key fob, bought a new case from eBay but it only lasted a few weeks before it got broken. Then I bought one from Amazon which was a little more expensive but it's much better quality.

It's been mostly plain sailing with it and not had any real issues. Need a drop link for the mot last time.
First mod was a tailgate dog guard from barjo to give the dogs as much room as possible in the boot, not cheap but worth it.
Then I fitted a stebel compact air horn to replace one of the originals, wired in with a relay so maximium volts available and not having to worry about damaging the original wiring by overloading it.

Fitted a couple of led strip lights in the boot as well for extra light when the boot is open.

Next jobs on the list are getting the bonnet resprayed as it looks like someone has taken a wire brush to it, set of Aiko roof bars and then some spot/driving lights for the front

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Profile Send private message  

X-Trail-UK.co.uk
Advertisement
 Post subject: Re: My first X-Trail
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 3:14 pm 
Soft Roader

The stebel horn just about fits behind the front grill

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2018 11:22 pm 
Soft Roader

Well the mrs made a slight modification to the rear bumper a few days ago...

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2018 8:21 am 
Xtrail Nut

Model: T31 2.0dci auto, LE
Year/Plate: 2012
Mods: Towbar, ptc heater fix, probright drl system, Eberspächer aux FBH with GSM remote.
hot gun and it pops out.

Yuuyube- bumper dent

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2018 8:45 am 
Soft Roader

I tried boiling water as I couldn't find my heat gun, going to have a rummage through the garage today to look for it

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2018 1:05 pm 

I didn't know something like this could easily be fixed with a heat gun. That's great. Did you manage to fix it up, Dirtydog?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2018 12:17 am 
Soft Roader

Well I still haven't sorted out the dent in the rear bumper but I have had some other stuff to sort out to get it through the mot this year

Airbag warning light came on, got it plugged into diagnostics and it was the clock spring. Almost £300 from Nissan :o so I bought one on eBay for £30 :thumbs:
What I didn't my realise is there are two different clock springs, one has two airbag type plugs and the other only has one. Of course i ordered the wrong one :roll:
Any way that's all sorted now so I put it in for its mot which it failed. Needed a front wheel bearing and front arb droplink.
What should've been a straightforward repair turned into a bit of a headache as it fought me every step of the way especially as I was up against the clock to get it back in for its retest...

All mot'd now but with a couple of advisories that I'll get sorted when the weather is a bit more friendly towards working outside

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2018 3:39 pm 
Xtrail Nut

Car:: X-trail 2.2
Model: Diesel DCi T-Spec
Year/Plate: 2005
Colour: Silver
Dirtydog wrote:
Well I still haven't sorted out the dent in the rear bumper but I have had some other stuff to sort out to get it through the mot this year

Airbag warning light came on, got it plugged into diagnostics and it was the clock spring. Almost £300 from Nissan :o so I bought one on eBay for £30 :thumbs:
What I didn't my realise is there are two different clock springs, one has two airbag type plugs and the other only has one. Of course i ordered the wrong one :roll:
Any way that's all sorted now so I put it in for its mot which it failed. Needed a front wheel bearing and front arb droplink.
What should've been a straightforward repair turned into a bit of a headache as it fought me every step of the way especially as I was up against the clock to get it back in for its retest...

All mot'd now but with a couple of advisories that I'll get sorted when the weather is a bit more friendly towards working outside
Well done good to see people looking after their xtrails.Looked after mine and it has now done185 thousand miles.Welcome to the Club. Barry

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2018 12:07 pm 
Soft Roader

rufusbarry wrote:
Well done good to see people looking after their xtrails.Looked after mine and it has now done185 thousand miles.Welcome to the Club. Barry

If you look after any car it will serve you well.

Going to start stockpiling the parts I need over the next few months and then just have a day/weekend and get it all done at the same time.

Going to need:
Lower arms
Tie rods
Track rod ends
Front brake pads
Rear arb bushes

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2021 10:26 am 
Soft Roader

Just a little update on this, still have the Xtrail but its not all been plain sailing with it.

Noticed a bit of knocking from the front over bumps at the end of the summer then beginning of December there was a bit of a wobble when driving (I rarely drive the car as it's the wife's car and she never tells me these things :roll: )
So wheel off and found the rear bush on the drivers side suspension arm was completely knackered so fitted a new arm along with the arb droplink and the track rod end as they were all a bit worn or had split rubbers. Car was now driving nicely again

Then the dpf light came on, told the wife it needed a blast along the dual carriageway to do a regen and that I'd do it at the weekend but she decided to have a go herself. It did not go well, the light started flashing so she thought it was done and pulled off at the next junction but because the regen hadn't finished we now had an engine warning light on. Had to take it to my mechanic mate who plugged it in and we did a forced regen on it so that was all sorted :thumbs:
He then said that you're meant to give it an oil and filter change after a forced regen which was a pain as I had only done a service on it 2 weeks before :bigcry:

Then just before Xmas was driving and felt a wobble from the steering again, wheel off and found the passenger side track rod was completely shot, I replaced that rod end less than 20k miles ago. Decided that the lower arm wasn't in great condition so changed that along with the drop link so now all good

Mot last week which it failed on both rear tyre having a cut in and the handbrake on drivers side was doing nothing really and thats proving to be a bit of a pig to sort