It is currently Mon Mar 01, 2021 10:16 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Dashcam Installation
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 10:55 pm 

I wanted to install a dashcam in my 2017 X-Trail. As far as I could see the accessory sockets remained live after the ignition was switched off, and so I had planned on hard wiring it. However, on browsing on the Qashqai forum, I came across a post which said that the accessory sockets turned off a short while after the car was locked. I checked, and found this was also the case with my X-Trail. Consequently, rather than hard wiring the dashcam I have it permanently plugged into the socket in the armrest storage box and it switches off a minute or so after locking the car. It switches back on again as soon as I unlock it. I am sharing this in case it is of help to anyone else.

Profile Send private message  

X-Trail-UK.co.uk
Advertisement
 Post subject: Re: Dashcam Installation
PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 10:56 am 
Xtrail Nut

Car:: Xtrail
Model: T31 Diesel Aventura
Year/Plate: 2008
Colour: Black
Mods: Reversing sensors, Intercooler grille, Black gear stick, LED lights, DRLs, Black alloys, Headrest DVD, Oil Catch Can, Dashcam
phillbm wrote:
I wanted to install a dashcam in my 2017 X-Trail. As far as I could see the accessory sockets remained live after the ignition was switched off, and so I had planned on hard wiring it. However, on browsing on the Qashqai forum, I came across a post which said that the accessory sockets turned off a short while after the car was locked. I checked, and found this was also the case with my X-Trail. Consequently, rather than hard wiring the dashcam I have it permanently plugged into the socket in the armrest storage box and it switches off a minute or so after locking the car. It switches back on again as soon as I unlock it. I am sharing this in case it is of help to anyone else.

I'm not sure whether your fuse boxes are located in the same spots as my Exy, but even if they're not the principle's the same - just feed the cables to wherever the fuse box is! :biggrin: Here's my guide to installing a dash cam:

Attachment:
Fitting a Dash Cam.pdf

Hope this helps

Cheers

Bloggsy

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Profile Send private message