Nissan X-Trail Forum banner

Update to 3 driving me nuts problems

3K views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  Kas 
#1 ·
The Paint...nothing I can do...its the worst I have ever had, and it cost me £700...the nerve of it all

The Fan running on....Fair enough DPF....have never had it like this in all my cars though.

Clonking noise on seat....Told them at my 2nd Service....Had the base replaced without discussion!

#2 ·
Whats wrong with your paint?

The fan running on is a good thing, shows the DPF is cleaning itself.

At least you got a new seat base, my dealer denied there was a problem and just tightened up the bolts. What sort of discussion did you want? you went in with a problem and they fixed it. Great service in my book.

#3 ·
Kas said:
Davieboy said:
The Paint...nothing I can do...its the worst I have ever had, and it cost me £700...the nerve of it all

The Fan running on....Fair enough DPF....have never had it like this in all my cars though.

Clonking noise on seat....Told them at my 2nd Service....Had the base replaced without discussion!
Whats wrong with your paint?

The fan running on is a good thing, shows the DPF is cleaning itself.

At least you got a new seat base, my dealer denied there was a problem and just tightened up the bolts. What sort of discussion did you want? you went in with a problem and they fixed it. Great service in my book.
The paint seems to be the thinnest coat I have ever known, just look at it too hard and it will chip off!

By no discussion, obviously I meant I was not challenged about the noise, there was no discussion entered into about a problem or not a problem as has been mentioned by many, including yourself, they simply changed it. They must know that its a common fault as discussed on this forum.

#5 ·
Davieboy said:
Managed to grab a loan of a hand machine that checks paint thickness....An Audi is over 4x as thick, a Vauxhall over 2x
as thick. I knew the paint was rubbish...and £700 extra!
Nothing wrong with my paint. What exactly is the issue with the thickness of the paint? If its a major concern can I suggest you go trade in and buy and Audi or BMW which come at a premium.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.