Nissan X-Trail Forum banner

First time exy owner - Scotland

4K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Bink 
#1 ·
Hi all,

I got my first xtrail last month, as I was looking for a small 4x4 to use for shooting. From what I could find, the xtrail is perfectly suited for the type of off-roading I'm likely to do, and then some.

So far I'm enjoying my 2007 2.2dci Aventura a lot, although there's a fair few niggles to work away at (isn't there always though?..).

This forum has been a great source of information, and has enabled me to do a lot of things myself. I've never been much into working on cars, but have now caught the bug and am really enjoying it. It's currently pretty all consuming on my days off. The trouble with scouring this forum is that my to-do list never seems to get any shorter!

Although the car apparently had got it's yearly service, I don't know much about the history so I decided to better be safe than sorry and just do the whole thing again properly. It's a work in progress as I'm doing new bits every week on my days off (shift work), and buying new parts and materials after the weekly paycheck ;)

So far I've done:
Changed oil and filter
Changed air filter
Changed fuel filter
Changed pollen filter (that was clearly never done, it was gross)
Changed ARB bushes for polyurethane ones (front & back)
Replaced all drop-links
Changed blower motor as it was making a lot of noise (although it now feels underpowered and still isn't silent, so I'll need to have another look at some point)
Swapped cigarette lighter socket for permanent USB charger points
Painting bits (like the ARB as I had it off anyway) in POR15 as I go along
Stripped interior trim and cleaned everything
Cleaned interior, repairing a tear in leather seat
Cleaned outside, including light hand polish (still a lot of scrapes and dings, but at least it looks better)
Replaced some rusted or missing clips here and there

On the planning:
Clean, inspect, service brakes + flush brake fluid
Replace transfer, diff, transmission fluid
Replace antifreeze/coolant + flush system
Replace power steering fluid (there seems to have been a guide on this forum but I can't seem so find it, can anyone tell me where to drain the fluid from?)

If anyone can recommend other service bits I should check, please do so!

And then there's a few other bits to change and repair, I'm sure it's going to be an ongoing project.
Thanks so far for the information provided on this forum and I'll be back for more!

Cheers,
Richard

See less See more
#2 ·
Hi Bink and welcome to the xtrail madness, glad to see your looking after things like you i do everthing i can and it saves a lot on bills. go to your workshop manual and look for the service section i think most of what it covers will be in the mot ;-)

#4 · (Edited by Moderator)
Thanks.

Thanks to this forum I've got an oil catch can sitting actually, just waiting on the bracket to arrive to install it.

Hadn't looked at doing the EGR, but I'll have a browse to see what and how.

I'll found a fair amount of oil on the engine:
DSC_0494.JPG
DSC_0495.JPG

I've cleaned it, and will keep an eye on the cover. Hoping it's not the injector seals. I did find a light coating of new oil on the front elbow again, so I'll probably just change the intercooler. That, combined with the catch can, should hopefully sort it.

Also found out the previous owners never did the airbag recall :shock: so it's booked in to be changed next month.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.