Switch to full site
Don't be shy..... let everyone know who you are, what you do, hobbies, interests etc.... we don't bite here!
Post a reply

Hi all

Sun Sep 06, 2020 10:36 pm

Hi all lee from Newcastle

This is my first xtrail its the 2.2 2005 SE

Bought it to tow my track car so my intentions are to give it a good service and a tidy up then hopefully it can start doing some work.

Ran into a few issues but hopefully solved! The common no power limp mode no light situation showing no fuel pressure p1273 p0089. So I pulled the fuel filter and it was clogged solid with gunk! So I'm hoping tomorrow I'll get a new filter and all will be good!

Also pulled the SCV (which looked pretty new) and gave it a good clean with contact cleaner

Re: Hi all

Sun Sep 06, 2020 10:49 pm

Welcome to the forum :thumbs:
Umbongo

Mon Sep 07, 2020 12:27 am

T30Olly wrote:Hi all lee from Newcastle

Bought it to tow my track car so my intentions are to give it a good service and a tidy up then hopefully it can start doing some work.

Ran into a few issues but hopefully solved! The common no power limp mode no light situation showing no fuel pressure p1273 p0089. So I pulled the fuel filter and it was clogged solid with gunk! So I'm hoping tomorrow I'll get a new filter and all will be good!

Also pulled the SCV (which looked pretty new) and gave it a good clean with contact cleaner
Welcome to the Forum Lee The members here have helped me many many times and the crack is good.I used to go to Newcastle in the sixties when i lived in CarlisleGood Luck Barry

Mon Sep 07, 2020 7:07 am

T30Olly wrote:Hi all lee from Newcastle

Hello and welcome .Be interesting to know why the fuel filter is full of c**P ,was it just left to long before a change or is dirty fuel getting in the tank .The tanks are plastic so no chance of rust .

Mon Sep 07, 2020 8:54 am

Cheers all! Seems like the forum is pretty active so that's always a positive.

I'm not sure ive just bought it so bad servicing I think

Mon Sep 07, 2020 12:00 pm

Hi and welcome. Lots of useful chat on here as I'm sure you'll find out.

Mon Sep 07, 2020 6:02 pm

Hi, see you managed to get on. The pictures you sent me last night, well the most clogged up filter I have ever seen. It does look like old vegetable oil was used in it.

Tue Sep 08, 2020 8:57 am

bertye wrote:Hi, see you managed to get on. The pictures you sent me last night, well the most clogged up filter I have ever seen. It does look like old vegetable oil was used in it.

Not good. They are bad enough with refined diesel!

@Bertye. Please let me know if you can supply a T30 tailpipe.

Tue Sep 08, 2020 10:31 pm

Yeah the filter was pretty bad! Still haven't bled it yet been far to busy hopefully get it started tomorrow and see how it runs...fingers crossed

Wed Sep 09, 2020 7:29 am

How do you post up pictures? I've tried using an image host and copying the link across but whe I click preview it just shows the link
Post a reply