It is currently Sat Feb 27, 2021 4:04 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: HELP!!
PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 7:15 pm 
As a new Xtrail owner I need some help. I want to fit a roof rack/roof box but it seems to be proving difficult.

I have a 57 Xtrail Sport that has the the spot lights at the front and roof rails. In order to fit a roof rack I need to remove the plastic casing. Easy you say - Nissan in Canterbury and Ramsgate cant remove it without breaking it and the only advise they can give is that the plastic slots out?

I am begging anyone out there with knowledge to please send me some advise on how to remove the plastic casing so that I can have a roof rack fitted.

Looking forward to hearing from you!

X-Trail-UK.co.uk
Advertisement
My Photo Gallery
 Post subject: Re: HELP!!
PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 5:24 pm 
Extreme Off Roader

Car:: Robin
Model: Reliant
Year/Plate: 1970
Colour: Yellow
Mods: window wipers
Hi,

Welcome to the forum.

I am trying to remember :oops: :oops: but I am sure when we were researching our X-Trail purchase I read some where that with the sport model fitted with the spot lights you could not fit roof bars. However not 100% sure.

Profile Send private message  

My Photo Gallery
PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 8:01 am 
Xtrail Nut

Car:: X-Trail
Model: 2.0 dCi 173 Tekna Manual
Year/Plate: 2011 July
Colour: Haptic Blue
Mods: Hard trunkliner. Extreme roof rails with roof bars. "Rhino Rack" roof basket for the "Oz Tent". Left luggage drawer. "Dog Tent" thingy for a Yorkshire Terrorist. Front & rear parking sensers. Posh rugs. Protection Pack.
Hi Stuart,I am still attempting to get written instructions as to how to fit the Nissan roof bars to my 2007 X-Trail with "Extreme" roof rails. Nissan cannot supply them, only the "Pictograms" that came with the bars. Thule informs me that they do not manufacture the bars for Nissan, so cannot help either.

I have managed to remove the sections that need to be cut, quite easily on a warm day, just by easing them vertically & they just popped up. They are only held in by spring clips. A bit of grease on these clips might be a good idea on re-fitting.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 9:54 am 
Off Roader

Hi yep as stated the slotty bits pop out with a little force - they need to be tight or else will remove themselves under speed, and or car washing etc.

Roof bars can be obtained - my mate got some and they seem to strap onto the existing bits if you see what I mean, using actual straps - if you have the egg profile shaped bars. I f not I beleive its a company called formula 4x4 who supply bars - but I could be wrong.

Rob

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 2:42 am 

Hi guys i have just removed the plastic bits from the roof rails from a 2007 Nissan X trail special edition with lights in the front, you need a small screw driver to make a start from the back to the front , the clips are very tight so don't do it in the winter because your plastic could crack, to click them back on is very easy , cheers marcel

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

My Photo Gallery
PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 9:34 am 
Xtrail Nut

Car:: Xtrail
Model: Tekna
Year/Plate: 4/2012
Colour: red
Mods: side steps, amateur radio,
9 years, is this a record,

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 9:03 pm 
Off Roader

The answer is always out there somewhere... sometimes it just takes a while to find it [emoji16]

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk