Nissan X-Trail Forum banner

I'm back

21K views 41 replies 12 participants last post by  rufusbarry 
#1 ·
After a brief affair with the Toyota Rav4 I have decided I cant live without an Xtrail.

Pick up the xtrail on Friday evening.

I will be sorry in someways to see the Rav go, it has been ultra reliable, very comfortable and gives excellent mpg. The only problem I had with it was I found it mundane and a bit boring to drive. Great cars, but not for me.

Nice to be back in the fold.

Best regards
Milton :biggrin:

#4 ·
rapport25 said:
You Nissan hater :lol: keep away :lol: .

Welcome back to the fold... :thumbs: :thumbs:

So what have you gone for? I'm pretty sure Mrs Rappy has not sold ours :oops:

All the best,

Rappy :cool:
Want a bet :twisted: check your driveway :whistle:

Cheers Rappy, i just knew I would get a warm welcome from you.

All will become clear on Friday when I post the pics :biggrin:

#6 ·
milton said:
rapport25 said:

All the best,

If I guess correct, do I get your Toybota :lol: :biggrin:

I'm going to guess a top of the range T31 with roof lights & Bose hifi.

#7 ·
rapport25 said:
milton said:
rapport25 said:

All the best,

Patience Rappy, Friday will soon come , or I may post Saturday morning :lol: :whistle:

#10 ·
Hi Milton

Glad to see you've come back to the X trail, Ive pondered on changing mine for something else but can't find anything out there that compares. Mines 14 years old this year and runs as smooth as a baby bum. Like you I had a RAV4 but like you've found out they are two completely different animals. I have a qashqai I bought brand new 3 years ago this October and its done less than 9000 miles as I just love driving the X trail.

Anyway Im waffling here, It really is great to see you back

Kind Regards
Mike

#11 ·
Thanks Mike :thumbs:

It is a difficult choice sometimes. I just went around for the last two weeks test driving every car i liked the look of, so I have given other manufacturers and other Nissan models a fair go.

During thise two weeks We did buy a new nissan juke Tekna, but thats for swmbo, although i do like driving that as well.

Decisions, decisions :lol:

Best regards

#12 ·
milton said:
Thanks Mike :thumbs:

It is a difficult choice sometimes. I just went around for the last two weeks test driving every car i liked the look of, so I have given other manufacturers and other Nissan models a fair go.

During thise two weeks We did buy a new nissan juke Tekna, but thats for swmbo, although i do like driving that as well.

Decisions, decisions :lol:

Best regards

I had a Duke for a day when my Qashqai went in for a service. I was lucky enough to get the automatic petrol 4WD one, Don't know what the model was but i have to say it was fun to drive and I was impressed with it, unfortunately it would not accommodate the work load I give the X trail.

#21 ·
rapport25 said:
milton said:
rapport25 said:

All the best,

I guessed first :whistle: :whistle:

#22 ·
milton said:
Not picking it up until 17:30 :biggrin:
Right, a few minutes to shuffle the paperwork, few minutes driving home enjoying the freshness of a new motor, a few minutes to take some pics for the guys, a few minutes to upload some pics (ignore missus is in there somewhere) :thumbs:

Why are we waiting, oh why are we waiting, why are we waaaaaiiiiiting to see this like agaaaaaaaaaiiiiiiinnnnnn ! :lol:

Sorry, had to be done :cool:

#26 ·
Thanks guys. It is lovely to drive and has every bell and whistle you can imagine plus a few more. How does it compare to my T30, it doesnt, totally different animal. I refer to a post i made back in 2014 regarding where I think the T32 sits, my view hasnt changed. The only bit in the post that has changed is i did buy one :whistle:

viewtopic.php?f=114&t=28681

I loved my T30, for the lifestyle I had at the time I couldnt have asked for a better vehicle. Wipe clean load area for all my wet sailing kit, towed 2000kg boats all over the south of england, drove down access tracks and along towpaths to get to broken down boats etc etc. Could you do this with a T32, probably yes, but the pretty pretty interior and all the external cameras and sensors might take a hammering :lol:

However, in 3 years things change, i am now retired, i dont need a functional utility vehicle and i wanted a few more creature comforts. I didnt choose the xtrail lightly, after reading some of the problems some members on here have had with the T32 , i looked at other marques as well. In the last month i have test driven the following new cars:

Toyota Rav4
Toyota CHR
Honda HRV
Honda CRV
Audi Q2
Hyundai i35
Kia sportage
Landrover discovery

I then went on each of the marques user forums and trawled through them.

After all this I still considered the T32 to give the best equipment levels and value for money, plus Nissan were doing some stunning offers during March so not only did I get a pre reg 66 plate xtrail with 8 miles on the clock for under £25k the wife got a new juke tekna for a very good price. Nissan even gave us good trade in prices on the Rav4 and the old Juke.

So, all in all, happy bunnies all round. Hopefully the smile will remain for many years :biggrin:

Best regards

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.