It is currently Fri Jun 05, 2020 2:09 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: roof rack bars
PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2020 9:28 pm 

hello can someone please help me with the adventure extreme I want to put a roof rack on for my work ladders and I can not see how - unlike my old t30 where the plastic 'clicked off' and then the bars bolted to the roof. I can not see how to get the plastic ridge off, it obviously does come off I can see the joins but I don't want to force it, for a change, anyway any help would be great.
oh and is it possible to turn the central auto lock off, everytime I get out I have to co back to unlock the boot and doors.
anyway many thanks S

Profile Send private message  

X-Trail-UK.co.uk
Advertisement
 Post subject: Re: roof rack bars
PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2020 9:08 am 
Extreme Off Roader

Car:: Xtrail
Model: 2.0dCi Tekna 173
Year/Plate: 2011
Colour: Ebisu Black
Mods: Nice full size mat in boot to stop dog sliding...and Celtic Remap 221hp!
They should come off but suggest using a trim tool - v cheap from Halfords etc or online.

Has yours got Nissan Intelligent Lockking System with black buttons on the doors? If so when you stop don't turn the ignition fully back to lock position then keep key fob in pocket and it will always be open when you are near it :)

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2020 10:59 am 
Extreme Off Roader

Model: Aventura Explorer diesel auto.
Year/Plate: 2008
Colour: Blue
Norfolk Jim wrote:
They should come off but suggest using a trim tool - v cheap from Halfords etc or online.

Has yours got Nissan Intelligent Lockking System with black buttons on the doors? If so when you stop don't turn the ignition fully back to lock position then keep key fob in pocket and it will always be open when you are near it :)

Not so sure about that one Jim. On mine, once I start up and drive off all the doors, except the driver's door, lock as soon as I hit about 5 - 7 mph. They stay locked from the outside until I release them by pressing the switch near the gearstick. This is the case whatever position the ignition switch is in or whether the engine is running or not. If I want to get out and open one of the other doors or the boot, I have to remember to press the lock-release button before I get out. That has caught me out many times! Whether this is the same on the later versions or not, I don't know.

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2020 11:02 am 
Extreme Off Roader

Model: 2.0dCi Tekna 173
Year/Plate: 2011
Colour: Ebisu Black
Mods: Nice full size mat in boot to stop dog sliding...and Celtic Remap 221hp!
Mine auto locks on moving off and locks all doors but as soon as I stop and switch off the doors open from inside. On mine you can deactivate this by shutting all doors and holding down the central lock button for I think 3 - 5 seconds then when you drive off you have to manually lock doors if you wish.

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2020 2:54 pm 
Extreme Off Roader

Model: Aventura Explorer diesel auto.
Year/Plate: 2008
Colour: Blue
Norfolk Jim wrote:
Mine auto locks on moving off and locks all doors but as soon as I stop and switch off the doors open from inside. On mine you can deactivate this by shutting all doors and holding down the central lock button for I think 3 - 5 seconds then when you drive off you have to manually lock doors if you wish.

You can open my doors from the inside (unless the child-locks are on in the back) but you can't open them from outside. I found that out when we first got the car and we stopped to pick up a friend from our walking group. I pulled up alongside her but she couldn't get in! I didn't yet know about the auto-locking. I ended up having to switch the engine off, get out, lock and unlock the car with the fob, then open the back door for her. Reading the handbook which I acquired later I found out about the locking and the door release button in front of the gearstick. I had never had a car that auto-locked before. I found out about the black buttons some time later, and I'm still finding out about the car. :-)

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2020 9:57 pm 

Hiya

Ok thanks for your help much appreciated S