Nissan X-Trail Forum banner

Which rear suspension arm?

2K views 11 replies 5 participants last post by  kennygwood 
#1 ·
Hi guys

Just had the MOT done but need to make some repairs.

All the lower suspension arms have come with advisories "pin or bush worn"

So I have a total of 6 advisories, 2 for the front and 4 ( 2 per side) for the rear including 2 x "radius arm front bush"

I'm familiar with the front control / suspension arms, but not the rear.
Is it just one suspension arm per side with 2 pins or bushes on each?

If someone can let me have a link to the part or parts that I need it would be much appreciated, cheers!

#5 ·
Thanks for the replies, appreciated, great resources there! Since posting this I've been to my local, budget mechanic and he has stopped fitting customer supplied parts, so he's looking at it next week and I'll leave that decision with him. However the front control arms have just arrived (Ace parts) and despite the part numbers being correct, one pin is longer than the other. I think the black pin is the wrong length. Anyone care to venture an opinion?

Attachments

#7 ·
Yeah, apologies , I've nothing to show for the rears as I've not purchased anything yet and I don't know precisely which parts are referred to in the MOT advisories. Still good to see you have your bushes in hand!
I'm inclined to pay someone to change the complete parts rather than just the bushes as its less labour cost.

#11 ·
Hi, it looks like the one on the left with the shorter stub. Stub is about 4mm from rubber to groove; sticks up 28mm above the rubber.

I replaced mine with cheapos form ebay which went on no problem (haven't been to the tip yet) so here's a couple of pictures of the original, worn out one
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/333981757053 £60 for 2 x arms & drop links. All good so far, just last month replaced.

Hope that helps.

Attachments

#12 ·
Thanks for the replies again, I agree with you houndy, that arm (chrome pin) has more welding on it too so looks a better quality part. I'm still waiting to hear back from Ace Parts, if they can't supply an arm to match this good one I'll get them to arrange collection and return them.

Thanks for everyone's advice, appreciated!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.