It is currently Wed Mar 03, 2021 2:55 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: T31 sat nav replacement
PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 12:03 am 

Hi Folks
Has anyone bought a really good Din2 replacement unit for the T31 teckna sat nav system that utilises the cameras and steering wheel controls?

Profile Send private message  

X-Trail-UK.co.uk
Advertisement
 Post subject: Re: T31 sat nav replacement
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 11:26 am 

Yes I'm using an an android auto unit. It needs to work with your android phone (or apple i bekieve)

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 11:40 am 
Off Roader

Is it ok to buy a normal android unit and download android auto onto it in order to use mobile phone with it ?

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2018 1:03 am 
Off Roader

Car:: Xtrail
Model: T31 2.5 CVT 4wd
Year/Plate: 2011
I bought a 2 Din Android unit to replace the 6 cd stacker in my 2011 T31. Mine came from Lazada ( Philippine Alibaba) ..and it cost me about £100. Its an amazing unit that does everything you could ever want .. I havent had to upload or download..or install anything...totally plug n play.

I just checked ebay.co.uk and the same unit is available at a rather more inflated price of £230 ..but tbh..still cheap for what you get.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2-Din-Androi ... SwxZxb-E4z

Im sure if you look around it will be available for less .... check the specs carefully..and look for the front panel design like that one.

It has an Android based satnav..upgradeable whenever via usb...radio..bluetooth for calls & music (it connects to any phone quickly & easily)... sd slot & 2 x usb inputs for any movies ..reverse cam input...video outputs for headrest monitors. It will play virtually any kind of video or music file you connect to it. It has steering wheel control lines should you need those ( i dont have..so..untested but it uses standard protocol so im sure will be fine).
The gui is beautiful..crisp and clear with a nice touchscreen to operate it all. The sound quality is pretty decent too...far better than the original Panasonic unit. Has a rotary vol control (always better than buttons!)
It has wifi too so you can if you wish connect to phone hotspot and install other stuff from Playstore. It has user-selectable startup screens so now gives me a cool Nissan logo at sw on. Dimensions are exactly double din...screwholes lined up perfectly..took an hour at most to install.

There are hundreds of these Chinese units all over ebay/Alibaba/ Aliexpress etc ..many are super cheap ... and look it.I stayed away from those and bought a kind of mid-price unit..and Im glad I did.
So far it has been faultless ... highly recommended

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2018 8:46 am 
Off Roader

Great post. Call me old fashioned but does it have a cd player ?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2018 10:11 am 
Off Roader

no it doesn't ... most of the Chinese things dont these days ...
I dont miss it tho .... seems to me solid state digital music has pretty much taken over in the automotive world .... just connect your phone or DAP over bluetooth..and away you go...hours and hours of good quality music and not a cd in sight. I certainly dont miss the stash of jewel cases rattling around in the glove box or centre console...lol
Some of those Chinese double din HU's are available with dvd players which will obviously also play audio cds ...just not so plentiful.

I still listen to radio quite a lot when driving .... actually ..I listen to radio..the missus does the bluetooth thing..

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2018 12:33 pm 
Soft Roader

Model: 2.0 DCI Tekna Manual
Year/Plate: 2012
Colour: K55
Mods: Towbar.
Does this replace only the none Bose unit in the Tekna model??

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2018 2:58 am 
Off Roader

Hmm..Im not sure what you mean by that ..
I THINK the model you mention is a UK only thing ..so dunno what HU it has. ...so long as whatever you remove is double din ..it will be easy..
The HU model I removed from mine was a radio/6 disc cd changer ..and was exactly Double din size with a small single din cubby box below it..and a single din open front cubby above it...I'll see if I can find a pic.
It was pretty useless for me...dont use cd's anymore..at least not in a car. It had bluetooth..but only for calls..not for media!..lol

heck ..how do I change the order of pics in a post!?...I upload them chronologically.
but they always post in reverse..weird

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2018 3:58 am 
Off Roader

..this is the result ..perfect fit in the aperture of the trim..

actually ..I did read somewhere that if you have a higher spec T31, then you may need to get hold of the trim piece from a lower spec model ... its the lower spec model that has a double din trim piece..like mine. Not 100% sure on that story..read it on a forum I think..

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2018 9:48 am 
Off Roader

Looks the business ! Great fit. Mine is the T31 MK2 but it looks exactly the same as yours.Do the steering wheel controls all work properly ?