It is currently Tue Mar 02, 2021 12:27 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: T31 sat nav replacement
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2018 2:01 pm 
Extreme Off Roader

Car:: Xtrail
Model: Bonavista Edition
Year/Plate: 2006
Colour: Sunlit sand
Looks good. I installed an almost identical unit in my T30, but then returned to get another. I found though it had a bit bigger screen, it had the same native resolution so end result was less clear back up camera image as an example. Also made it so that it was more affected by ambient light on sunny days. I also learned my wife still liked to have access to play her cds every now and then. Finally, I hated the blue lights on the buttons at night, which I found clashed badly with the regular dash lighting.
The new unit I got resolved those issues and despite having a smaller 6.1" screen, the resolution and brightness from it are a real upgrade.
https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B078YR ... UTF8&psc=1

Profile Send private message  

X-Trail-UK.co.uk
Advertisement
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2018 1:23 am 
Off Roader

Model: T31 2.5 CVT 4wd
Year/Plate: 2011
scannyman wrote:
....Do the steering wheel controls all work properly ?

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

Sadly ..I cannot tell you... I dont have steering wheel controls on my X Trail :( ... but I'm in the process of trying to fit them ...

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2018 4:15 pm 
Soft Roader

Model: 2.0 DCI Tekna Manual
Year/Plate: 2012
Colour: K55
Mods: Towbar.
The UK Tekna model with Bose has a head unit with amp preouts and no speaker wires. I'm guessing it's not compatible.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:18 am 
Off Roader

most of the Chinese double din units I see ..including mine, have pre-outs too ..plus sub. usually.
so..there will certainly be something out there that will be an easy fit ...
its the fascia & mount that may need some work in the higher spec models ... in order to fit a standard double din HU in the right place. As I said..I believe getting the fascia piece from a lower spec model like my pic ..is the way to go...

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 11:31 pm 
Soft Roader

Model: 2.0 DCI Tekna Manual
Year/Plate: 2012
Colour: K55
Mods: Towbar.
I'm lead to believe the pre outs on the Bose units aren't standard pre outs. The signals are different so don't work??

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2018 7:13 am 
Off Roader

hmm...i really dont know about those pre-outs on the Bose installation ...but i would be surprised if they aren't just normal pre-outs. Wouldnt be too difficult to test them out...temporary hook up to a domestic amplifier outside the car and test them....
At least then you will know for sure ...

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2019 10:04 am 
Xtrail Nut

Car:: X-Trail
Model: Sport Expedition Extreme - Diesel 173 - Manual
Year/Plate: 2009 / 59
Colour: Thundercloud
Mods: Nerside rearview mirror replaced for with one with blind-spot mirror (genuine Nissan part for an LHD X-Trail), DRLs (proper ones that dim at night), LED sidelights, Front+Rear DashCam
Bertoknee wrote:
...hours and hours of good quality music and not a cd in sight...

If it's MP3 I would not call it "good quality music" - IMHO it's only "good quality" if the file is in a truly lossless format and 16/44.1 or better (preferably 24/96).

Personally I can't listen to MP3 as it destroys the music.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2019 2:54 pm 
Off Roader

hmmm ....

that is obviously a subjective thing ..but since you started this.... I dont personally feel there is much need for anything over about 192kbps in an automotive environment... each to their own tho..

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2019 3:32 pm 
Off Roader

Bertoknee wrote:
hmmm ....

that is obviously a subjective thing ..but since you started this.... I dont personally feel there is much need for anything over about 192kbps in an automotive environment... each to their own tho..
Have to agree . The average music listener will not pick up on subtle changes in quality as it's just a leisurely activity especially whilst driving however if you are a 'Morse' type character and immerses into the classical sounds then slight differences in quality may well be noticed.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2019 11:50 am 
Extreme Off Roader

Model: 2.0dCi Tekna 173
Colour: Ebisu Black
Mods: Nice full size mat in boot to stop dog sliding...and Celtic Remap 221hp!
Just back to the Sat Nav itself -----

I have the Premium Connect in my 2011 Tekna which has obviously 2010 maps. Recently I asked main dealers about latest maps and he went on about you can't get get update DVD anymore to which I replied yes you can!! He was unaware Nissan/HERE maps have just released a new 2019 4 disc set covering UK and Europe last quarter of 2016 so nearly 2017. Nope he said I was wrong and not available and any map updates would need to be through them plugged into computer and cost around £250. This annoyed me so I called the number on bottom of site and spoke directly to HERE in Netherlands. Immediately the dutch lady I spoke to asked for my REG and confirmed I have Premium Connect and told me how simple it is to do and yes these were end of 2016 map data which to be honest is pretty recent and includes speed cameras POI's etc. Cost £145 inc postage and VAT and take 2 days. She laughed when I told her what dealer said - she said sounds normal and they'll do exactly what she'd said and charge an extra £100 for doing it..............

My question is it worth the money as pretty recent maps only 2 years old. I used the system on London on Tuesday and found it really good with traffic updates etc and good re-routing. I normally use Waze or Sygic on my phone but sometimes these cut out and no good often where no signal (like Scottish Highlands).

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next