Nissan X-Trail Forum banner

T31 keyless entry wont start

2K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  Norfolk Jim 
#1 ·
Hello guys,

I have a 2009 T31 LE with keyless entry. When i use the remotecontrol to open or close the doors, it works fine. But sometimes when i try to start it with the key under the radio, in the little storage the key won't turn. When i use the normal metal key it works fine.

Someone who can help me, is it a battery thing or something else.

I try to "wobble"the steering wheel.

#3 ·
sorry for the late reaction.

Yes i have black buttons on the door. But i think the problem is solved. You must push the brake pedal first :headbang:
Everything works fine now

#5 ·
Jeroen83 said:

Yes i have black buttons on the door. But i think the problem is solved. You must push the brake pedal first :headbang:
A very easy mistake to make. I did similar when I first bought mine. It had started straight away at the dealers, but when I went to go out from home the following day the ignition wouldn't turn unless I used the key. Turned out the brake pedal needs a firmer push than I was giving it, and it's been fine ever since.

#6 ·
Jeroen83 said:

Yes - I had problems after the car had been standing for a while and discovered a related issue. I had changed the battery in the fob, tried the spare fob etc before thinking the issue through. After standing for a while, there was no servo assist residual vacuum. Consequently, the brake pedal reached firm resistance earlier when depressing. That point was apparently before the system sensed brake pedal depression. Hence wouldn't start. Solution, as Bus-man noted, was to use a heavier foot on the brake after leaving it standing for a while.

#7 ·
Took me a long while to master how to lock car without motion sensor set to ensure dog didn't set it off - simple really turn ignition to the on position 3 times then get out and lock with fob. It either works or my alarm has never worked???????? Never had it go off once yet!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.