It is currently Tue Mar 02, 2021 1:48 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]






Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: t31 petrol auto
PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2021 11:27 am 
Offline
Soft Roader

Joined: Sun Aug 05, 2012 7:30 pm
Posts: 36
Location: east sussex
Car:: Xtrail t30
Model: 2.5 aventura auto
Year/Plate: 2006 55reg
Colour: zinc
Mods: none
Hi I am a confirmed auto driver. I have seen one of these advertised and am mildly interested. Apparently it has a cvt gearbox are there any problems known with these? I would also be interested in the road tax as after 2006 the higher rate comes in but I was told this was lower on this model. Is this right? Hope some one owns one of these as they are pretty rare apparently.
I have tried a diesel auto but it did not suit my life style The DPF came on 3 times in the short while I owned it and the accelerator had a definite hesitation from start if you know what I mean.
Thanks for any replies.


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
X-Trail-UK.co.uk
Advertisement
 Post subject: Re: t31 petrol auto
PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2021 12:09 pm 
Offline
Extreme Off Roader

Joined: Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:54 pm
Posts: 310
Location: East Hertfordshire
Car:: Xtrail
Model: Aventura Explorer diesel auto.
Year/Plate: 2008
Colour: Blue
davejass wrote:
Hi I am a confirmed auto driver. I have seen one of these advertised and am mildly interested. Apparently it has a cvt gearbox are there any problems known with these? I would also be interested in the road tax as after 2006 the higher rate comes in but I was told this was lower on this model. Is this right? Hope some one owns one of these as they are pretty rare apparently.
I have tried a diesel auto but it did not suit my life style The DPF came on 3 times in the short while I owned it and the accelerator had a definite hesitation from start if you know what I mean.
Thanks for any replies.

Well I find the diesel auto is just fine for me, but I must admit the DPF can be troublesome at times, particularly if you do a lot of short distance journeys. Throttle response on mine is instant, I don't get any hesitation. I would imagine the petrol models would be much more thirsty than a diesel. I'm not sure about the CVT box, but I'd be interested to find out. I'm also a total convert to automatics, I've had nothing else for years, but I've never driven one with a CVT gearbox.


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
 Post subject: Re: t31 petrol auto
PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2021 1:24 pm 
Online
Xtrail Nut

Joined: Wed Aug 29, 2018 2:16 pm
Posts: 602
Car:: Xtrail
Model: 2.2 DCi Columbia
Year/Plate: 2006 '06
Colour: Silver
Mods: LED Sidelight bulbs!
Interesting video about Nissan CVT. Not for me thanks...

https://youtu.be/_fBbNKUSvuU


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
 Post subject: Re: t31 petrol auto
PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2021 10:49 pm 
Offline
Extreme Off Roader

Joined: Sun Mar 06, 2016 9:08 pm
Posts: 494
Location: Swindon ,Wiltshire
Car:: Xtrail
Model: T31 Adventurer 2.0dci
Year/Plate: 08
Colour: Iridium Graphite
Mods: Safari lights
Colster wrote:
Interesting video about Nissan CVT. Not for me thanks...

https://youtu.be/_fBbNKUSvuU

Yes same here ,haven't hear anything good about the CVT gearbox .


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
 Post subject: Re: t31 petrol auto
PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2021 12:23 am 
Online
Xtrail Nut

Joined: Wed Aug 29, 2018 2:16 pm
Posts: 602
Car:: Xtrail
Model: 2.2 DCi Columbia
Year/Plate: 2006 '06
Colour: Silver
Mods: LED Sidelight bulbs!
leafy wrote:
Colster wrote:
Interesting video about Nissan CVT. Not for me thanks...

https://youtu.be/_fBbNKUSvuU

Yes same here ,haven't hear anything good about the CVT gearbox .


And I'm (just) old enough to remember the Daf 33 variomatic!


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
 Post subject: Re: t31 petrol auto
PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2021 12:00 pm 
Offline
Soft Roader

Joined: Sun Aug 05, 2012 7:30 pm
Posts: 36
Location: east sussex
Car:: Xtrail t30
Model: 2.5 aventura auto
Year/Plate: 2006 55reg
Colour: zinc
Mods: none
Hi All Thanks for your replies. That bloke on the video was very competent. Lost me! Seems the cvt is ok if not put under too much load and serviced regularly. So buying second hand needs a good service history and not used for towing! Not too worried about fuel consumption as I do not do the miles I used to, and even less in the lockdown.


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 13 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group