Nissan X-Trail Forum banner

T30 power steering fluid

3K views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  Colster 
#1 ·
Rather than just top it up, I'm looking to change the power steering fluid on my fairly-recently-purchased 2005 T30, as the level is low in the reservoir, the pump sometimes makes a noise and I doubt the fluid has ever been changed. I've searched here and via Google but haven't come up with anything that tells me what the capacity of the power steering system is. Various YouTube videos kind of indicate that 2 litres should be enough to flush out the old fluid and replenish, but can anyone confirm or otherwise advise? Thanks in anticipation.

#2 ·
2L is soso for flushing, 3 is better. I think the system is like 1L it self.
Suck the old fuid out, refill. Engine start, turn the wheels from lock to lock few times. Engine stop. Repeat, until fresh fluid is there.

Clear tube method is too, search Yt.

#3 ·
Ahto42 said:
2L is soso for flushing, 3 is better. I think the system is like 1L it self.
Suck the old fuid out, refill. Engine start, turn the wheels from lock to lock few times. Engine stop. Repeat, until fresh fluid is there.
Clear tube method is too, search Yt.
Thanks! Most of the videos on YT are by Americans, whose engines seem to be laid out differently from the rest of the world (but what so you expect from a country that still does everything in Imperial measurements?). However, the general principle seems to be the same everywhere. One difference, though, is between people who say to start the engine and people who say you shouldn't. Will see how it goes. Thanks again.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.