It is currently Tue Apr 13, 2021 9:10 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 13 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: Re: Turbo spooling down
PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 1:45 am 
Site Admin

Car:: Xtrail
Model: 2.2 Di Sport(T30 - YD22ETI) Trans MT.F6
Year/Plate: Dec 51
Colour: Red AX6
johnrimm wrote:
Oh ho, :o I have noticed an exclamation mark next to this post - does this mean I have offended somebody? :o I certainly hope not and will withdraw any comments if this is the case.

Can somebody please let me know, also my Board Index looks slightly different - am I black balled? :oops:

Best wishes, John
The thread has been made a sticky and that is the icon for it John nothing you've done wrong. ;-)

Sticky posts (or simply "stickies") generally contain information that a discussion group administrator or moderator believes to be of critical or ongoing value to users of the forum. There may be one or several such 'stickies' at the top of any one forum section.

Profile Send private message  

X-Trail-UK.co.uk
Advertisement
My Photo Gallery
PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 9:23 am 
Xtrail Nut

Car:: Previously - X-Trail
Model: SVE 2.2dCi
Year/Plate: July 2005 [05]
Colour: Zinc
Mods: Parking Sensors. DRLs, Additional Reverse lights, Wind Deflectors....
Thanks Umbongo,

That's a relief, I can see this now :bow: , must have just been tired last night. :biggrin:

Has the Board Index changed? I seem to have more more information and "coloured" stickers. :confused:

Best wishes, John

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 10:05 am 
Xtrail Nut

Car:: Xtrail
Model: 171 bhp
Year/Plate: 2008
Colour: grey
Mods: none
I always let mine cool down before switching off unless it has been a very short slow journey. There is however I believe a small water pump that continues to cool the turbo when the engine is turned of, this has been discussed on this forum. When you turn the hot engine off you can just about hear a small bussing noise which I understand is this pump. I bought the XT manual CD from ebay and there is an oblique reference to it in there. I have never dug further into this.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 13 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2