Status
Not open for further replies.

Petrol Fuel Filter (Tank)

9K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  CHRISM 
#1 ·
"Hello All",

On the subject of `Changing the Fuel Filter` on an Xtrail:

I have a Xtrail 2.0 SE - 2006 Registered - Petrol - Manual

Today I had a Nissan Fixed Price Service - `Gold Standard` - A Lot of items were included in the List for this and one of them was `Change Fuel Filter`.
When I went to collect My Car the VERY Helpful Member of Staff at the Service Centre Office went through the `Checklist` of items with Me - When it came to the `Change Fuel Filter` this had a Cross by it not a `Tick` - I obviously queried this as I considered it a `Good Thing` to have replaced - She went to ask the Mechanic who carried out the Service.

The Customer Service Representative came back with the Answer `There is NOT one to Change` - When I stated that there `Must Be` a Fuel Filter in the Xtrail another Mechanic who was in the Reception Area stated that the "Filter is Fitted to the Fuel Tank" - "It is a `Non Serviceable` Item".

That `Shut Me Up` - But I later thought what would happen IF the Fuel Filter got `Blocked Up` - as I am sure CAN Happen ?? - Perhaps when People `Run Out` of Fuel ??

I assume that the Diesel Xtrails are different regarding the Fuel Filter - My Xtrail is a Petrol Model.

Does Anyone KNOW whether what I was told is `Correct` - And If so what happens If someone does `Block` the `Non Serviceable` Fuel Filter ??
Perhaps there is a way to apply Pressure to `Blow` the Blockage Back into the Fuel Tank ??

I am sure with the Knowledge that Members have on this Forum I will receive an Answer [?].

Regards to All,

CHRISM

See less See more
#2 · (Edited by Moderator)
What you was told is correct it's not a serviceable part at service intervals, but the filter is available from dealers if you should ever need to change it should it fail for some reason or other. This would be dangerous task for you to change yourself as your dealing with petrol vapours and any spark and bang goes your XT and you. Here's a photo of the filter with the part number.

Left click mouse on jpeg file for max view

16400-2Y505..jpg

Note:X-TRAIL-UK
OWNERS FORUM
Accept no liability if you undertake this job yourself after being warned of the dangers. Your safety is your responsibility and to others around you.

Safe Use of Petrol in Garages
View attachment Safe Use of Petrol in Garages INDG331 (HSE).pdf

Note: If you have difficulty viewing pdfs online, download and install the most current version of Acrobat Reader. Free Download available at http://www.adobe.com.

Attachments

#3 ·
"Hello Umbongo",

Thanks very much for your Reply - and for Replying so Quickly.

I am `Pleased` that My Nissan Service Centre have NOT Lied to Me about the Fuel Filter.

I suppose that My Question about what would happen IF this became Blocked Up would receive the Answer that `In that Case` the Filter WOULD be Changed [?].

This `Non Serviceable` term implies to Me that it `Cannot` be Serviced / Replaced - But I expect that the `Term` is just the Mechanic`s Way of Speaking.

I realised from seeing Where this Filter is located - AND from Your Description that Changing this from Within the Vehicle - With Petrol Fumes `Filling the Car`-
would make it a Very `Risky` Task - Regarding the Fumes being Ignited - As You hinted upon !

"Thanks Very Much for the Information".

Regards,

CHRISM

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.