#1 ·
So what's the Differance ,thing is
The log book says its a dci
And when i go for insurance and put reg in
It comes up as a di 115 ???
Any help please !!'

#8 ·
pubcrawler said:
Just out of interest what is the extra bit?
I only know it to be an oil catcher that should be cleaned out once a year, but there's nothing about it in the manual. I'd like to know what's inside it and if there's a metal gauze to stop metal fragments that break up from the turbo should it fail entering into the engine. Maybe somebody could take a photo when they take it off sometime.

#11 ·
raccoon said:
Just looked and mine is the DI. looks like someone has put a badge on it from a dCi. Checking on the insurance website it comes back as a DI aswell. Looks like the garage is going to get a visit from me as they sold it to me as a dCi. Will have to check prices. I paid £2000 for this one on a 52 plate.
doesnt sound like you overpaid... our 03 cost me £6k a year ago, but was very low mileage, FNSH, and an SVE...

#17 ·
Excellent information here, answering a question I've been looking to answer for quite a while. No oil catcher on mine, so it's a Di. But I thought the Di was of the "Fuel pump has 4 pipes, one to each injector" variety, and the DCi was "Fuel pump has one pipe to a common rail, common rail has 4 pipes, one to each injector" type.

I know that sounds like utter nonsense, but to clarify, I thought the Di had no common rail and the DCi DID have a common rail?

#20 ·
Ruston said:
Can you tell me what the difference is between the DI and DCI please. I have just bought an X-trail and it is a 55 reg with DCI sports on it. I am running it on Biodiesel building up slowly we are on 50/50 at the moment and no trouble so far. :?:
:roll: Click on the first page in this thread - it shows the differences visually.

The dCi and Di have the same engine block, with different turbos, ECUs, Fuel pumps and intercoolers.

Kind Regards,

Eoin

#22 ·
Ruston said:
Thanks for that being a woman not up on the engine thingy

Partner will go mad when He sees this post x
:lol:
We all have to start somewhere - gender isn't a basis for mechanical knowledge. There are plenty of men with zero engine knowledge and plenty of women who are mechanical engineers.

Keep your mind open, ask questions and your know how will increase.

Kind Regards,

Eoin

#24 ·
eoinsully said:
Ruston said:
Thanks for that being a woman not up on the engine thingy

Partner will go mad when He sees this post x
:lol:
We all have to start somewhere - gender isn't a basis for mechanical knowledge. There are plenty of men with zero engine knowledge and plenty of women who are mechanical engineers.

Keep your mind open, ask questions and your know how will increase.

Kind Regards,

Eoin
Well said :thumbs:

#25 ·
Hi guys,

I'm a little confused. I recently bought a 2006 2.2 Diesel 6 gears X-Trail. The papers state an 85kw engine, but from the looks of it and the way it feels (lively, with lots of torque and power). I'd say it's a dci with 100kw. It has the big intercooler and the oil catcher.

I think the car's papers are wrong - it was mistakenly registered under di 85kw engine. I believe it to be a dci 100kw.

What do you think?

P.S. I don't have the original manufacturer documents (COC and such). I only have the national registration papers.

Attachments

#26 ·
hmk said:
Hi guys,

I'm a little confused. I recently bought a 2006 2.2 Diesel 6 gears X-Trail. The papers state an 85kw engine, but from the looks of it and the way it feels (lively, with lots of torque and power). I'd say it's a dci with 100kw. It has the big intercooler and the oil catcher.

I think the car's papers are wrong - it was mistakenly registered under di 85kw engine. I believe it to be a dci 100kw.

What do you think?

P.S. I don't have the original manufacturer documents (COC and such). I only have the national registration papers.
It's a dCi, it's even got the oil leak to confirm it!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.