Nissan X-Trail Forum banner

Hey you!! Want any help?? Well...

20K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  Umbongo 
#1 ·
We are all X-ie drivers. Some have problems, some not. Everybody wish to help some one else with a car problem. Kind request:

If you have a problem, tell the whole thing. What I mean:
Is it petrol or Diesel?
How old is it? (Year, miles)
Is it a 4x4 or 2 WD
Are you a bit technical or a complete virgin in car technique
Male or female (Female need different approach.... no kidding :whistle: )

If we know this, we can give you the right answers in a jiffy... well.... most of the time we can! :grin:

click on link for How to fill in your profile
viewtopic.php?f=38&t=4901

#3 ·
Cannot speak for Umbongo, but I guess you mean a kinda library with different departments like engine, brakes, electric, an all this split up in small chapters? I personal think that Umbongo shall not do that...

(Or maybe you send him a VERRRY big cake and a barrel of ale... (LOL)

#8 ·
I've just ordered and replaced the pair of front suspension springs as one had broken right at the top (about 1 whole turn). upon completing the replacement of both springs I've noticed the ride height is about 30mm lower, the supplier swears these are the right springs for my car, when laying them side by side old & new they physically look exactly the same (bar age related marks) same diameter bar, same diameter coil, same length & same amount of turns etc. but as soon as the weight of the car is on them the whole front end rides approx 30mm lower than it did origionally.

anyone else ever had this problem...?

ive contacted the supplier and hes offered to refund me when he receives the returned springs, anyone know where i can get some correct springs...?

Diesel 2.2 cdi aventura 2006

#9 ·
XQUEST said:
I've just ordered and replaced the pair of front suspension springs as one had broken right at the top (about 1 whole turn). upon completing the replacement of both springs I've noticed the ride height is about 30mm lower, the supplier swears these are the right springs for my car, when laying them side by side old & new they physically look exactly the same (bar age related marks) same diameter bar, same diameter coil, same length & same amount of turns etc. but as soon as the weight of the car is on them the whole front end rides approx 30mm lower than it did origionally.

anyone else ever had this problem...?

ive contacted the supplier and hes offered to refund me when he receives the returned springs, anyone know where i can get some correct springs...?

Diesel 2.2 cdi aventura 2006
I fitted these 12 months ago with Monroe shocks too and the results were good no body roll on sharp bends and work well off road too.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2x-SP3667-MON ... 3f73c24f66

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.