Nissan X-Trail Forum banner

Exhaust manifold bolts /studs

4K views 8 replies 3 participants last post by  Sprocket 
#1 ·
Hi all, I have a 2. 2 dci 2005 model it seems to have a thread pulled in the cylinder head that holds the manifold on. It is the first on the left as you look at the engine, I won't to know what thread it is and length of bolt or stud if someone could help please also would you think it is possible to do in situe.
Many thanks

#5 ·
malgpz900 said:
Sprocket said:
Hellicoil is the way I was going do you know what thread pich it is please?
Can you not remove another stud toncheck?
From memory I believe the captive end to be 1.5mm. Not sure about the outer end, but turbo studs are 1.25mm on outer (nut) end. Nissan part number is 140647B00A. If you search that on Google, you'll find some pictures. Definitely looks the same on both ends.

#7 ·
We took it apart today to take a look studs are M10 not m8. Tried a standard M10 tap in the hole, it was like the well over size tap didn't even touch the sides so not sure if helicoil will work not sure how much alloy is needed to give enough grip to a helicoil??? Looks like I'll have to buy a M10 helicoil set to try it and if that doesn't work I am up the creek with out a stud.

#9 ·
Thank you for the link to eBay, and the apologies for the incorrect stud size don't worry about it. The old stud is held in with metal putty to stop the whistling from the area at the moment, been like that for months well years since I have had the car so a few more weeks won't hurt... Thanks for the reply

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.